PDA

View Full Version : What to do in rush for application?

scooterguitar
07-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Here`s one i have hinted around at for ahwile and figured I`d come straight out and post!

When doing a long/full detail... we knwo it takes many hours, washing, claying, polishing, etc...

What do you guys, who do frequent details and or for $, do when you gotta get the car back to them? I don`t do it professionally, but do do for extended family and frineds, I like givign them the best I can. I am always running short on time.

My biggest concern is the wait or cure time for sealants. Normally when I can, I get the whole car done and put a layer of sealer on last, it sits overnight and then I top with a nuba, but this cure time is still 10 hours at best, when most sealants advise 24 hours before any kind of topper.

So, do we skip sealer? Go ahead and crunch the cure time? I knwo it won`t neccessarily hurt anything. The concensus I have gathered leads me to believe go ahead and top when you can, as a coat of sealer and nuba is better than just one of the two.

So take this scenario and let`s make the allowable cure time way less, like an hour, then what?

ANy comments are appreciated, thanks :xyxthumbs

3Dog
07-14-2006, 09:48 AM
On production details we mostly use Werkstatt. A wait time of a couple hours between AJ and CJ is fine.

velobard
07-14-2006, 10:04 AM
FK1 products can be layered within minutes.

imported_themightytimmah
07-14-2006, 12:46 PM
I just go for a long lasting carnuba in that situation - FK1 Pink or Collinite, it gives the sealant durability with carnuba longetivity. Usually I buff it off with OCW to add a little extra "pop".

imported_Picus
07-14-2006, 01:05 PM
I`ve pretty much moved entirely to using spray sealants/waxes on maintenance washes. Between OCW, AJ Trigger, CJ, HGAS, and Z8 there is almost always something I can apply in under 15 minutes that will get them another 4-8 weeks of protection + the added gloss/wetness, etc...

Cheers.

scooterguitar
07-14-2006, 01:29 PM
Is the Pink Wax that durable, I didn`t know that.