PDA

View Full Version : This doesnt make sense?

Tucci
07-14-2006, 08:39 AM
So I have been fighting swirls on my 03 GTI for a while now. Countless hours latera and a decent amount of money, she wasnt perfect but more than fine for the time being. Long story short... Someone wetsanded, bufffed swirled that crap out of the paint, and I cant correct it. With a PC Megs Burgandy pad and OHC, I can haze the paint and not fully remove the swirls :wall Does this mean its time for a rotary?

Evenflow
07-14-2006, 08:47 AM
So I have been fighting swirls on my 03 GTI for a while now. Countless hours latera and a decent amount of money, she wasnt perfect but more than fine for the time being. Long story short... Someone wetsanded, bufffed swirled that crap out of the paint, and I cant correct it. With a PC Megs Burgandy pad and OHC, I can haze the paint and not fully remove the swirls :wall Does this mean its time for a rotary?

With the Meguiars Cutting pad your defintely going to get some hazing. With ANY cutting pad your more often than not going to get some hazing. Your also using the OHC, so that pad/product is a pretty aggressive combination.

After your done compounding the car, step it down to some Optimum Polish with a less aggressive pad (polishing pad)

Tucci
07-14-2006, 10:21 AM
I was expecting the hazing. I wasnt expecting the swirls to still be there though. :laugh: That is the problem im running into, I think Im at the limits of the PC with 6" pads

a.k.a. Patrick
07-14-2006, 11:14 AM
You may also be at the limit of your clear coat, proceed with caution.........