PDA

View Full Version : New here. Car thing coming in a couple weeks. Need guidance

WolfeMacleod
07-14-2006, 01:46 AM
Well, halloo folks! Been reading here a bit, but this is my first post.

I`ve got a car enthusiasts thing coming up in Portland, OR next month and would like to get my car looking as good as she can look.

I`m not going for full concourse, because she does have her warts here and there. Slight body damage, but in inconspicuous places. If fact, we didn`t even notice it when I bought that car...

However, for a nearly 20 year old car, the paint is in darn good shape, save for a couple rock chips.

I`d like to get the best, deepest, richest possible shine out of it that I can get...within reason, and without using power tools.

I`m considering the P-21S and/or Klasse for external use, and the 303 for dash and other internals, and doing some carpet cleaning too. Anyone use a regular carpet cleaner on the floor mats? Should I be wary of attempting this?

But, I`d like to hear from people who really know this stuff.

I wounld`t say that I`m completely obsessive about the paint, but I am a little bit anal I suppose. I wash on a regular basis, and clay bar it probably more than I should.

Here`s some pictures of the car. Paint scratching seems very minimal. What do you guys reccomend for getting the best out of this color?

http://www.wolfetone.com/carstuff/1.jpg

http://www.wolfetone.com/carstuff/4.jpg

a.k.a. Patrick
07-14-2006, 11:43 AM
You could go OTC with Mothers or Megs.....theres a lot of info here if you search some, also the e-book is invaluable for beginners.....

drew.haynes
07-14-2006, 11:49 AM
If you are not wanting to use any compounds or anything... then basicly just wash it all well, prep with clay, then I`d say use some Klasse AIO, then follow up with whatever you like. If you were wanting to do P21s... then I`d say use S100 over AIO... cuz S100 is the same thing for less money. If you have a bike shop where you live you should be able to find S100 over the counter.

I`m sure you`ll get some second opinions.

Pennypacker
07-14-2006, 01:23 PM
I was going to suggest giving it the full Werkstatt treatment. I, personally, like Prime a little better than AIO. But I just noticed that, unfortunately, the company is going fishing so have closed up shop between the 17th and 21st.

I`d still consider it, though. Good products to have in your arsenal, in my opinion.

http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com/index2.php

WolfeMacleod
07-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the replies, folks. Well, I think I`ve obtained the best look possible by *me* using locally available products. I really can`t tell much of a difference between how it looks after an hour of working on the hood, and how it normally looks.

But, I`d really like to know what is actually possible to obtain with this car.

If anyone here who knows what they`re doing is in the Seattle area, and would be willing to do a spot-demonstration, :bow I can be reached easily if you Google my name. My contact information is easy to find.

And If I`m super impressed with results, we talk rates. :2thumbs: