PDA

View Full Version : PO106FF vs. Blackfire Wet Diamond

tustah
07-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Been thinking really hard about what to purchase for maybe a week or two. From what I`ve heard/seen, I really want to try using PO106FF. I have RMG ready to mix it 70/30. Only problem is that I read humidity may play a factor on how well it works.

Also received suggestion to get Blackfire Wet Diamond, which is supposed to be similar to PO106FF, but has lubricants I believe, which would be easier to work with.

I`m sure both products produce outstanding results. After this purchase, I will finally detail my 06 black accord coupe. Please help me make a decision. I`m being indecisive.

Joshua312
07-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Are you talking about the Blackfire Finishing Polish? It also has my interest!

"S.R.C. Finishing Polish is for use on all, newer technology, scratch resistant clear coats. Do not use on pre-2005, conventional clear coats. Softer, traditional clear coats should be polished with BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish. If you`re not sure about your 2005 or 2006 vehicle, check with your dealer to see if it came with a scratch resistant clear coat. If it does have a scratch resistant or nano, ceramic clear coat, S.R.C. Finishing Polish is the best polish you can buy to keep your car`s finish scratch, swirl and spot free."

I too am interested in the Blackfire products, however they always give this warning except for one of their products, the Gloss Enhancing Polish I believe. I see Sean has used them on pre-2005 vehicles and doesnt seem to have any problems. Have you heard anything about this? Is it basically just marketing BS?

tustah
07-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Sorry big mistake. Yes, I meant the BLACKFIRE Scratch Resistant Clear Finishing Polish. The Wet Diamond looks really interesting as well.

As far as the warnings go, I really have no clue. I was told to use this polish as an alternative to PO106FF. I have a Honda, so I`m sure my car doesn`t fit the manufacturer`s qualifications.

Joshua312
07-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Id wait for a few more responses maybe Sean will jump in - He used these polishes on a 94 Camaro...So obviously that doesnt fit either. Maybe it`s all just a bunch of crap the company is feeding us, or just to protect themselves? I`ll be following this thread as well because I really want to give the finishing polish a try!

stilez
07-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Search my C&Bs. I have used the Blackfire product on the past 15+ vehicles. I love it.

However, it is no more than rebottled PO106FF. CMA claimed they added a little of this and a little of that, not true. For the Menzerna name, great packaging, and size, I would opt for the 106FF. If you only need 16 oz, then grab the BF.

Either way, the instructions are very good and if using in shade, the product is a dream. If you use it in sun, go one panel at a time and mix a little RMG with it on the surface to control dusting.

Trust me, the results speak for themselves.

edsmed
07-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Blackfire polish worked terrific on my black Honda. It dusted like crazy but it took out light swirling and 3 days worth of sun baked water spots with 2 passes.

Before

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/edsmed/6-04-06009.jpg

Entire car looked like that.

After

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/edsmed/6-04-06024.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/edsmed/6-04-06014.jpg

My photos suck but you get the point.

imported_rydawg
07-13-2006, 03:14 PM
I have had no problems with the 106ff and dusting at all. I had just got it a month ago. It is my favorite polish so far. The gloss is just truly amazing! I tried the blackfire wet diamond and it is just alright. Wolgang is a little better in my book. Have not tried the src blackfire polish but they told me it was the same as 106ff in a smaller bottle. Plus G35stilez has used it alot and his pictures are amazing. I think everyone should have 106ff or bf src finish polish. It is a must have important detail product. Without either I would quit detailing.

stilez
07-13-2006, 03:50 PM
I think everyone should have 106ff or bf src finish polish. It is a must have important detail product. Without either I would quit detailing.

This man speaks the truth!

They are final polishing lifesavers!

SamIam
07-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Sean,

In a post from long ago, if I recall correctly, you said you were going to stick with Final Polish II because you didn`t feel the price difference was worth the difference in results. Have you rethought that? If so, because of costs or results?

Thanks, Sam

gmblack3
07-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Sean, do you think I can remove light swirls on a black M35 with 106ff, rotary and a green excel pad? I`ll give it a try late on friday.