PDA

View Full Version : Best protection for my front end???

rammer
07-13-2006, 08:10 AM
I`m picking up my car in Atlanta this weekend and driving it about 1000miles up to Rochester, NY. The front end is newly repainted and I`m wondering what is the best way to protect against bugs on the way up. Part of the reason for the repaint was severe bug and pebble damage to the clear coat on the bumper cover. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

dave

Wasatch
07-13-2006, 08:12 AM
Probably a bra.

Joshua312
07-13-2006, 08:12 AM
They make a "clear protector" which is a temporary spray available at most auto parts stores...Never used it but it might be something to look into for just this one time use. Some people even go as far as taping their front end...you might look a little weird for that 1,000 miles...but you`ll never see those people again and I think it is worth it to protect your car from rock chips.

AL-53
07-13-2006, 08:20 AM
Duplicolor makes a spray on protector..that claims it comes of with soap and water...it may help with bugs...but road pebbles and debri may be a challenge for it...

as said some here have used painters tape to cover front parts to protect from chips and stuff...

..you will never see the people again who shake their heads..lol....

Al

SnipeJDM
07-13-2006, 08:32 AM
I wouldn`t be comfortable putting tape or anything for that matter on fresh paint. Especially bras or spray on stuff.

rammer
07-13-2006, 08:41 AM
I wouldn`t be comfortable putting tape or anything for that matter on fresh paint. Especially bras or spray on stuff.

It was painted about a month ago...

acn684
07-13-2006, 08:50 AM
I used the duplicolor temporary spray bra as mentioned above, i think it works well and is easily washed off with soap and water. It`ll protect against bugs easily and for rocks and debris, i think if it hits the bra, it`ll at least add a few more layer of dampener to go through so it`ll probably lessen the effect.