PDA

View Full Version : How many coats is enough for LSP?

blownvert
07-13-2006, 07:12 AM
For Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax, is 2 coats enough?

bluemoon
07-13-2006, 07:34 AM
I thought I noticed a small improvement when I put on a second coat, so I tried a third one a few days later. I wasn`t convinced that thier was any noticeable diferance with the third coat. But alot of that really depends on the individual looking at the paint. We all see things a little differantly. Two coats is always a good idea, the third wont hurt anything, but it might not offer anything either. Just my opinion :)

Wasatch
07-13-2006, 08:18 AM
One is enough, if you want, put two for full coverage.

imported_DennisH
07-13-2006, 08:46 AM
I thought I noticed a small improvement when I put on a second coat, so I tried a third one a few days later. I wasn`t convinced that thier was any noticeable diferance with the third coat. But alot of that really depends on the individual looking at the paint. We all see things a little differantly. Two coats is always a good idea, the third wont hurt anything, but it might not offer anything either. Just my opinion :)

I haven`t used Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax but have used PS for years which is the same type of product. I think you can see a difference with 2 coats, little deeper and wetter. The third coat is really hard to tell a difference and not really worth the trouble, a little QD with provide the same effect and is cheaper and quicker.

On PS I have taken distilled cold water in a sprayer and used it like a QD then the next day I have added another coat of PS and it seems to really improve the finish.

SilverLexus
07-13-2006, 08:52 AM
I think it depends largely on the LSP used...1-2 coats for Souveran & Natty`s Blue and 3 for Zaino Z-2 Pro, not sure about Carnauba Moose.