PDA

View Full Version : p21s question

Stuff
07-13-2006, 12:51 AM
Basicaly is it bad to put multiple layers of p21s on? Yes I know it will not "layer" but you know what I mean. I know it breakes down quick. So is every 2 weeks ok? Not hurting anything buy doing that?

Then when putting on the wax I use an MF applicator pad and do a 2x2 area going back and forth. Then wipe it off. Does this wax need to set up? I dont think it does but just checking. Thanks. (and yes I know next time by s100 same stuff half the price)

deadlock32
07-13-2006, 02:45 AM
You can layer:

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38121

jmsc
07-13-2006, 07:51 AM
You can layer P21S carnauba wax. I did it many times and sometimes in combo with other waxes like Soveran, Blitz, Harly, McCall`s. I found that it extended durability by about 1 month on my car if I got 3-4 layers on.

To layer wax you need to wait 1 day between coats (Blitz I was told needs 5).

P21S is wipe-on-wipe-off small sections at a time. Apply thin. Every 2-3 weeks is what I would do with this wax. Just make sure you have a well-prepped surface before layering.

Wasatch
07-13-2006, 08:16 AM
I use a foam pad when applying a paste wax by hand.

Stuff
07-13-2006, 09:59 AM
You can layer P21S carnauba wax. I did it many times and sometimes in combo with other waxes like Soveran, Blitz, Harly, McCall`s. I found that it extended durability by about 1 month on my car if I got 3-4 layers on.

To layer wax you need to wait 1 day between coats (Blitz I was told needs 5).

P21S is wipe-on-wipe-off small sections at a time. Apply thin. Every 2-3 weeks is what I would do with this wax. Just make sure you have a well-prepped surface before layering.

Ok I guess was wrong about the layering thing. Must have read something wrong somewhere. " well-prepped surface before layering" Anything I should do other than wash the car? I have the sonus green clay. Would it hurt to use that like every other waxing like once a month? Thanks.