PDA

View Full Version : First impressions of the PC 7336SP

stage5
07-12-2006, 08:13 AM
Just got it from Lowes. As others have said do not try to use the white pad that comes with it. I wanted to see how bad it was and used if for a few minutes on a test panel. The foam was slowly separating from the foam pad. This is beacause of the poor design where the plate is glued to the foam pad.

As far as its ability to work I can`t say I was impressed. Don`t get me wrong I think it is fine for removing swirls/ micro scratches, polishing etc, but It just did not impress me. Perhaps it is because I`m used to using DA air sanders (NOT FOR DETAILING CARS) and the perofrmance is similar (except the air sander can go a lot faster....10,000 RPM, of course this is CRAZY speed for polishing and such)....

I`ve ordered the Hitachi HITASP18VA from Coastal Tools. I have to step up to the rotary.

scooterguitar
07-12-2006, 09:41 AM
My first few times I was let down with my 7424, but after udnerstanding and trial and error, it has become great. I sitll would like a good rotary to tackle tougher jobs quicker, but for now I`m content.

And ot the chepa white pad with it, I use it for metal polishes! Not the best,b ut at least I don;t have to worry abut using one of my good pads for a metal product.