PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss 105 and bonding agent.

Aquapop
07-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Planning to get some 105 and AW. Do I need bonding agent or just apply the 105 then AW ?

Mike-in-WV
07-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Some seem to like the bonding agent and some don`t use it. I like to use the 652 #2 Cleaner, then the 105 and then top it off and maintain with the AW. It does a beautiful job.

I know that Al used the bonding agent , in fact he uses all Duragloss products and the results on his red pickup are drop dead beautiful shine! Mike

AL-53
07-11-2006, 06:30 PM
Planning to get some 105 and AW. Do I need bonding agent or just apply the 105 then AW ?

If you want the max from the Duragloss..use the PBA bonding agent....it forms a surface on the paint that makes the 105 bond like epoxy....it reacts with the sealant to increase durability..and gloss....like a 2 part epoxy mix....

Just have to apply it once on first coat...the PBA just melts into the paint and sets up for the 105..

Just put it on thin..alot goes a long ways...even the 105..thin..spreads forever...

remember this product cures clear..so what ever defects your paint has shows...so paint prep is important...get your paint nice before applying..the results will stun you

Mike..your truck is awesome looking....for silver it is stunning...silver is a hard color to make pop..and you did it ....

Al

LynchMOB
07-11-2006, 06:57 PM
I would & did use the bonding agent, its not difficult at all.

Aquapop
07-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Can I use Dawn detergent to get rid of the old sealant before the bonding agent and 105 ?

Mike-in-WV
07-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Mike..your truck is awesome looking....for silver it is stunning...silver is a hard color to make pop..and you did it ....

Al

Thanks Al, your the one who got me started on the AW and the 652 and 105 just had to follow. Going to order the carpet cleaner and the leather and vinyl treatment next.

Guess I`ll have to try the bonding agent.....if this shine I have now ever wears out,Lol. Thanks again for the help and the info, Mike

AL-53
07-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Can I use Dawn detergent to get rid of the old sealant before the bonding agent and 105 ?

I would clean the paint first with a good paint cleaner polish....dawn does not take off all sealants...it will remove decaying caranuba...to a point...Dawn wash is a little over rated..it will clean of surface grime and road oils and stuff..but any durable product will remain...

If you want to do your finish justice...clean your paint first..Meg`s makes a decent paint cleaner...AIO is good ...you want your paint contaminent free...for a good finish..

Al

Mike-in-WV
07-12-2006, 04:02 AM
Al, How would the Duragloss 652 work for cleaning off old wax? It has 4 abrasives in it and I know how well it cleaned my paint and I just used it one time by hand, Mike

AL-53
07-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Al, How would the Duragloss 652 work for cleaning off old wax? It has 4 abrasives in it and I know how well it cleaned my paint and I just used it one time by hand, Mike

The 652 will clean the paint nicely...it has chemical and abrasive cleaners....

It is funny how Duragloss makes thier products..the 652 and the SMR both have abrasives...chemical cleaners and sealant in them...they work a long time....and really clean the paint...

the 652 is the strongest of them...more abrasives...different grit also...and diminishing leaveing you a nice crisp finish with protection...

Al

Mike-in-WV
07-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Thanks again Al. You are becoming the "GO TO" person for info on Duragloss products.

So far mine is holding up great! Next week I start setting up for Bear photographs and will be driving off road in mud, rocks, trees, briers and brush. We will see how it holds up after being washed and then spritzed and buffed with AW again. Take care, Mike