PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Maintenance

DetailFran
07-10-2006, 06:17 PM
I am curious about the maintenance for Zaino. Does Zaino reduce the frequency with which washes are needed? Once you have done the full initial application, do you use Z6 or Z8 with every wash? If not, how often do you use Z6 or Z8? How often do you reapply Z2? And how often does one have to go through a full detail (clay, Z2 and or Z5 with ZFX)?

stilez
07-10-2006, 06:56 PM
I wash every 7 days, usually.

Wash with Z7, dry, then apply Z8. Your protection will last 5+ months on a fully-weathered vehicle.

ret
07-10-2006, 07:21 PM
>>Does Zaino reduce the frequency with which washes are needed?

That would depend on what your personal tolerance for “dirty†is.

I think that most Zaino users would agree that a car finished with Z-2 or Z-5 will stay “cleaner†for longer than an average car’s finish.

It’s my experience that with my cars finished with Z-2 do a better year-round job of shedding normal amounts of “daily driven†dust and dirt, than do Carnauba based top coats.

I live in Florida, so the constant heat tends to make a dust magnet out of most Carnauba based products.

>>Once you have done the full initial application, do you use Z6 or Z8 with every wash?

I always “at least†hit the larger panels (hood, trunk, upper door area and fenders) with Z-6 or Z-8.

The Z-8 can be a little trick to work with at first, and in comparison to Z-6 or other detail sprays (small amounts, light, light sprays)â€..however I can notice a difference in the overall “BAM!!†appearance after just a wash and a QD with Z-8.

>>how often does one have to go through a full detail (clay, Z2 and or Z5 with ZFX)?

You only need the ZFX when applying more than one coat in a 24hr period.

You can wash, QD, and add 1 coat of Z-2 or Z-5 as regular maintenanceâ€..probably every 4-6 months.

If the first application’s paint prep is done “right†the Zaino will still be there and looking good after 6 months.

Re-claying should probably be done at least once a year for daily driven cars, and that’s probably no matter what sealers and top-coats you are using.

RT

DetailFran
07-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Thanks, RT. One more question.

>>Re-claying should probably be done at least once a year for daily driven cars, and that’s probably no matter what sealers and top-coats you are using.

When you re-clay you need to go through the initial process (ZFX with Z5 and/or Z2) again, right?

ret
07-12-2006, 06:50 AM
Thanks, RT. One more question.

When you re-clay you need to go through the initial process (ZFX with Z5 and/or Z2) again, right?

Yup, it`s a good idea to assume that you are starting over.....on any area that has been clayed....and that again would be with any combination of products on a car`s finish.

RT