PDA

View Full Version : Dust storm in my town! Duragloss AW rocks!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mike-in-WV
07-10-2006, 02:34 PM
Some of you know that I`m in the Duragloss "Fan" club but it just keeps getting better. This morning I had to go to Charleston for some medical test and when I got back I drove down the mountain to our little town of Clay, WV. They are replacing our bridge across the Elk river and I never seen so much dust!! My truck was covered by the time we were flagged around the work area so on the way back I stopped at a car wash and just pressure washed it with cold water and drove off with out drying. It`s about 5 miles to my house and when I got there my truck was dry and spotless! No water spots at all and the Duragloss AW was still beautiful, It looks as good as when I put it on . I love the Duragloss products more everyday. It`s fun just seeing how much abuse this Duragloss can stand! :bow :hifive: Mike

Joshua312
07-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Between the Duragloss line, Jeff Werkstatt, and Zaino...Im going to be broke haha

What is your paint wearing right now? Just aquawax or did you apply the #105 Total Performance Polish as well? Any pictures :)

wannafbody
07-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Between the Duragloss line, Jeff Werkstatt, and Zaino...Im going to be broke haha

What is your paint wearing right now? Just aquawax or did you apply the #105 Total Performance Polish as well? Any pictures :)

with those 3 product lines you shouldn`t need to order any LSP`s for a while. Those 3 are about as durable as it gets.

Mike-in-WV
07-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Joshua, The first time I used AW it was over Mothers Gold wax/cleaner. It was great! Then I tried the Duragloss 652 Cleaner PC #2, then several coats of Duragloss 105 followed by several coats of Duragloss AW. Never , ever had a shine like this before. Now if I have a day like today I just rinse it off and apply a light coat of AW along with a little hand buffing and it looks better every time you ad a coat. This stuff is unreal! These pics are of my 01 Tacoma. The paint looks 3 times better than the day I bought it :heelclick Mike

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Beartracker/My%2001%204x4%20Tacoma/hood3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Beartracker/My%2001%204x4%20Tacoma/toy2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Beartracker/My%2001%204x4%20Tacoma/toy1.jpg

TSXWench
07-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Count me as another AW fan! I have a bunch of Duragloss products on the way. How are you guys applying the 652 Cleaner? By hand, machine? Inquiring minds want to know.

This stuff looks awesome on my silver car too.

AL-53
07-10-2006, 06:33 PM
A PC would be the best way to use 652..but Mike got good results by hand..his truck looks great...

if used by a PC..try starting off with a polishing pad..first....and see what results you get...

Jerry of Duragloss said all products are made to get good results by hand as most people do not use machines to do car care with...

Al

Mike-in-WV
07-10-2006, 06:50 PM
As Al said I did mine by hand and had no problems at all. It came off very easy and I was amazed at how dirty the pad was and how shiny the paint turned out just from using the 652. Then when you apply the 105 be careful not to get it on the trim or rubber seals or keep a detail brush handy. Make sure you use a damp pad or cloth with the 105. I let it sit about 30 minutes between coats and always buff twice.

When you apply the AW I just spritz it on with the spray bottle shaking it now and then. I would do a section the size of the hood and smear it around well while turning the MF all the timeuntel it`s dry. After doing the whole truck I go back over it with a dry MF and polish well. I like two coats of AW because I know that every time I wash it or rinse it off like today I will give the whole thing another spritz of AW. No need to use this stuff heavy, it really works best just misting it and polishing dry. It feels great under the hand! You can do windows , mirrors and trim with AW also. I know it sounds crazy but just try it on your windshield and you will see what I`m talking about. It will be clean and streak free ! I`m no pro here and don`t claim to know it all but I know this Duragloss works for me! :woot: Mike

LynchMOB
07-11-2006, 03:37 AM
Then when you apply the 105 be careful not to get it on the trim or rubber seals or keep a detail brush handy. Make sure you use a damp pad or cloth with the 105.

:idea I didnt have any problems w/ trim and 105. In fact Sunday I used the Bonding Agent & #105 on the black plastic fenders on our Jeep. Also did the same thing on 2 black plastic trim pieces on our van.

Mike-in-WV
07-11-2006, 04:28 AM
:idea I didn`t have any problems w/ trim and 105. In fact Sunday I used the Bonding Agent & #105 on the black plastic fenders on our Jeep. Also did the same thing on 2 black plastic trim pieces on our van.

Wow, Thats great! The only problem I had was when it dried it chalked in the cracks and crannies around the molding and showed up in an off white powder when dry. No problem to remove it with a brush and after the AW it looked great. Maybe I was using to much or something. All I know is that I wont be using anything else on my vehicles unless they come out with something better and it`s going to be hard to top this stuff :xyxthumbs Mike

lukie102
07-11-2006, 04:54 AM
Great stuff! Wanted to try the #111 and AW but duragloss wouldn`t ship it to Singapore :nixweiss

TigerMike
07-11-2006, 05:19 AM
I told you guys the AW is the real deal! It flat out rocks!!

Mike-in-WV
07-11-2006, 06:37 AM
Duragloss is boutique quality at bargain prices!

I don`t agree, it`s even "better than boutique" at bargain prices!

Some people are probably getting tired of all the hype over Duragloss products but after you try it you will see that it`s more than hype. Mike

lukie102
07-11-2006, 06:38 AM
How can I get it in my place? :bow

SilverLexus
07-11-2006, 06:47 AM
I`m glad so many are having success with this product but there are several spray sealants that do the same thing performance wise like Z-8.

LynchMOB
07-11-2006, 06:51 AM
I agree... but for the same price and OTC?