PDA

View Full Version : Ready to try different polishes...need opinions.

Pages : [1] 2

01bluecls
07-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Of course I have searched in and out on this topic but just wanted some quick up to date feedback about some poslishes im considering. I need two polishes that are as aggressive as Menzerna IP AND more aggressive than IP as well. I already have SSR2.5, IP, FPII, PowerGloss, and Zaino ZPC.

I need a polish that has the least amount of dust as possible. Im still gonna try RMG mixed with the PG and IP to see if that helps, but Im running out of IP and figure I would give other brands a try. It seems that the top choices are Optimum Hyper Comp and the Compound or the Hi Temp brand. More then likely i will use these polishes 50/50 with PC and Rotary. They cannot have any fillers and would prefer they leave nicer finish like IP does. Actually worked in right on CERTAIN paint and color I can go from PG to LSP.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. Some paint corrections with IP and rotary just isnt cutting enough even with aggresive pads (orange and yellow LC/Wolfgang pads)

Considering the blackfire line since they are made for the ceramic clears these days but can anyone confirm that it is that more effective than say Hypercompound?

01bluecls
07-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Nothing...nada....zip.... :(

tustah
07-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Optimum is extremely easy to work with. I`ve heard many good things about Menzerna polishes, especially on darker cars.

I`m the complete opposite of you. I have Optimum polishes and I`m about to purchase PO106FF.

01bluecls
07-11-2006, 01:07 PM
That`s good to hear. I mean i barely use FPII, most of the cars i detail are usually trashed and need very aggresive steps. I love PG but man it dusts up a storm. I usually get a lot of dusting from IP as well. After all the polishing is done the car is covered in dust and requires an additional wash just to get everything off. I think i will definetly order OHC. Still thinking whether Blackfire compound is worth it for those hard clear coats and I have no clue about any of the Hi Temp line that some people have used. I think G35stilez uses all the above that im questioning, hopefully he chimes in or I will PM him. Or if anyone else has other suggestions of other brands i havent considered.

EBPcivicsi
07-11-2006, 05:10 PM
The HT EC is an absolute must for anyone using a rotary IMO. It will dust, nothing like IP or PG, but it will dust. Add the Sean-patented-mix of OP (50/50) and you get the cut of EC and the workability of OP. I will *not* do a detail without. Think of something that cuts more than #85, close to PG, but finishes like FP. Follow up with a finishing polish, then add LSP.

BTW, I tried mixing OC with EC 50/50, the OP combo is *much* better IMO.

wannafbody
07-11-2006, 05:21 PM
OHC is nice without being too aggressive. with a rotary and a yellow cutting pad it will remove some clear.

Joshua312
07-11-2006, 05:23 PM
OHC is nice without being too aggressive. with a rotary and a yellow cutting pad it will remove some clear.

Wont it remove clear no matter what machine/pad used? Thats what polishing the paint does?

Thanks for the insight on OHC, I need an aggressive polish to use instead of PG

SpoiledMan
07-11-2006, 05:40 PM
OHC won`t replace PG. It just doesn`t cut as well. I`m going to order some Hi-Temp EC and give that a try when I get back home.

Joshua312
07-11-2006, 06:32 PM
What would you reccomend then for a heavy polish/compound equivalent to PG for use with a PC. :hm

EBPcivicsi
07-11-2006, 06:45 PM
OHC won`t replace PG. It just doesn`t cut as well. I`m going to order some Hi-Temp EC and give that a try when I get back home.

Cuts better than OHC, but finishes better/about the same as OP...IMO of course. :D

01bluecls
07-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Looks like i might as well order these two, OHC and Hi Temp EC. Has anyone tried a 50/50 of EC and FPII? I have a feeling that OC is a touch more aggressive than FPII?

imported_Amused
07-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Looks like i might as well order these two, OHC and Hi Temp EC. Has anyone tried a 50/50 of EC and FPII? I have a feeling that OC is a touch more aggressive than FPII?

I think the reasoning behind mixing EC with OP is to have OP act as a lubricant for the dusting EC. I don`t think using FPII as an additive to EC will produce the same workable low dusting mixture OP will. As stand alone products, FPII isn`t as friendly as OP in this regard, however they both finish out comparably well.

01bluecls
07-12-2006, 09:51 AM
Damn, I was hoping I wouldnt have to order OP, just wanted to order OC, OHC, and Hi Temp EC. :(

imported_Amused
07-12-2006, 10:14 AM
I personally don`t think you`d need OC. I don`t experience much additional cut over OP to warrant having it. I find it slightly more aggressive than FPII.

SpoiledMan
07-12-2006, 10:20 AM
What would you reccomend then for a heavy polish/compound equivalent to PG for use with a PC. :hm

A rotary.:D:D

Well, you can do some of the heavier compounds with a PC but I don`t have the patience for that. OHC is likely your best choice by PC to avoid "dusty" frustration.