PDA

View Full Version : Prime, Prime Strong, FK1-215 and FK1 -216?????

Darren F
07-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Please Help...I am confused between Prime, Prime Strong, FK1-215 and FK1 -216...Which is best to use as an all in one product? Do these have abrasives in them so they can not be used once a month? Should I not use these that often and use something in between? If so what should I use? Biggest problem is I dont have a lot of time to spend keeping my car looking good so what is best for me?

imported_flatstick
07-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Please Help...I am confused between Prime, Prime Strong, FK1-215 and FK1 -216...Which is best to use as an all in one product? Do these have abrasives in them so they can not be used once a month? Should I not use these that often and use something in between? If so what should I use? Biggest problem is I dont have a lot of time to spend keeping my car looking good so what is best for me?

I use Prime as a paint cleaner, Prime strong as a paint cleaner and mild swirl remover. the FK-1 215 reminds me of Prime but left a more reflective finish. the Prime strong has some mild abrasives and should not be used as often. to be honest you should seal your finish after using any of these products and not use them again until you are ready to reapply your LSP. if you are looking for mild defect removal and paint cleaning Prime strong will work well for you. I always top the JW line with AJ or Trigger but you could also top with Collinite 845 or a durable sealant and you should be set for a while. hope this clears things up for you. glad to have you aboard :wavey

Z K
07-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Prime Acrylic makes for a good all in one product. It has more protective abilities in it than regular Prime.

I`ve used it on my friend`s car which is parked outside 24/7 in the rain/sun. It gets washed maybe once every 4 months, only waxed once a year and it did a good job cleaning the paint and shining it up. After 2 month it still beads water and looks ok. I think Prime Strong would be pretty much the same but with a bit more cleaning abilities.

Darren F
07-10-2006, 11:01 AM
I have a Black Car with some light scratches and swirls....Which product is best to take care of that? And how often can that product be used? I am looking for something I can use once a month.... I do not have a lot of time to care for my car so I am looking for an easy way to keep it looking good..

Wasatch
07-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Prime Acryic or Menzerna AJ would be more for your liken. Both should be good for a few months. Also Tropi-Care TC3.

Z K
07-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Prime Acryic or Menzerna AJ would be more for your liken. Both should be good for a few months. Also Tropi-Care TC3.

You think Prime Acrylic would be ok to use as often as once a month as this guy needs? The JW site says only use once every 3 months or so.

Darren F
07-10-2006, 01:11 PM
Well I do have some Poorboys QW+ to use in between if this will last for 3 months

Wasatch
07-10-2006, 01:40 PM
You think Prime Acrylic would be ok to use as often as once a month as this guy needs? The JW site says only use once every 3 months or so.

No, good for about 3 months. If you want to put something on every month go with a carnauba.