PDA

View Full Version : FPII was tough to remove today

Pages : [1] 2

imported_NHBFAN
07-09-2006, 08:03 PM
I don`t think that German polish likes Louisiana humidity.

gmblack3
07-09-2006, 09:14 PM
How much are you use and how long are you working it?

Black240SX
07-09-2006, 10:20 PM
I would bet money you worked it too long.

MBurnickas
07-09-2006, 10:39 PM
It`s a high water formula, i don`t think the humidity will hurt it, I would say something else is going on. I would say maybe you used too much or not worked it long enough, but I know you know what your doing so maybe it`s a quality thing like a bad batch or something. Was the paint hot?

EBPcivicsi
07-10-2006, 06:48 AM
I am failry familiar with the product via rotary and PC. I can say with a high degree of certainty that FPII does NOT like humidity. I have had problems with it this summer--our humidity is similar to what you guys deal with in New Orleans. Even using two smaller-than-pea-sized drops on a pad, working it until it turns almost clear, it will become difficult to remove in spots.

RAG
07-10-2006, 08:02 AM
I have found that FPII gets a little tricky via rotary in the heat of the summer (I`m not sure if it is the heat or humidity...or combination) - I find that I have to change out pads a couple times during the process. The only time I have a hard time removing the product is when it starts to cake up on the paint (though I`ve never experienced this issue via PC), requiring you to wipe off immediately.

imported_NHBFAN
07-10-2006, 10:05 AM
I may have put it on too thick. I worked it for awhile. Used a cheap QD to get the tough parts off.

RAG
07-10-2006, 01:43 PM
If you can get your hands on some RMG, mix a little in with the polish - it dramatically helps product removal, among other things.

membim
07-10-2006, 01:43 PM
I can`t, won`t, and don`t use FPII because of humidity. It feels like New Orleans about 200 days of the year here in Memphis and I suffer using FPII.

EBPcivicsi
07-10-2006, 01:51 PM
I can`t, won`t, and don`t use FPII because of humidity. It feels like New Orleans about 200 days of the year here in Memphis and I suffer using FPII.

Glad that I am not the only one. :D My problem is that IMO, FPII has no equal. SSR1 doesn`t finish down as well, nor does OP, M80, M82 just isn`t user friendly IMO, HT LC is close, but no cigar. What do you use instead? I use FPII after rotary work. Every other final polish that I have tried degrades the finish that rotary work leaves behind. :(

imported_NHBFAN
07-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Glad that I am not the only one. :D My problem is that IMO, FPII has no equal. SSR1 doesn`t finish down as well, nor does OP, M80, M82 just isn`t user friendly IMO, HT LC is close, but no cigar. What do you use instead? I use FPII after rotary work. Every other final polish that I have tried degrades the finish that rotary work leaves behind. :(

I still plan to use FPII. I`ll just use more aggresive methods of removing it.

After inital buffing, I`ll use damp terry cloths and/or cheap QD`s, e.g Eagle One.

SpoiledMan
07-10-2006, 03:22 PM
This is likely a situation to use a "damp" MF towel to remove the residue per CMA`s instructions. I know that in my dry heat that it isn`t a problem to remove.

RAG
07-10-2006, 06:02 PM

Man ebpcivicsi...I like your thinking and your posts. You nailed it right on the head...FPII has no equal. (btw, the blackfire SRC polish finishes down even better than fPII via PC (though you`ll only see the difference on black)).

imported_NHBFAN
07-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Man ebpcivicsi...I like your thinking and your posts. You nailed it right on the head...FPII has no equal. (btw, the blackfire SRC polish finishes down even better than fPII via PC (though you`ll only see the difference on black)).

Wonder why Clearkote doesn`t offer a comparable product.

spotpad
07-10-2006, 10:39 PM

What about Menzerna`s P085RD?