PDA

View Full Version : List Duragloss products that you have used.

Pages : [1] 2

GlossyTundra
07-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Aqua wax- Love this product, use it for sealing windows paint and wheels. Great slickness and gloss, and really cheap

Total Performance Polish Looks good on black, did not like it on my grey. Really slick and easy to apply. Maybe better with #601 PBA? Still really good tho

Aluminum polish- Works great on heavily oxidized wheels, not so well on my running boards, A little harsh and it scratched them up a bit.

No-silicone tire shine- WOW! Better than any other tire shine I have ever used. Really black/wet, and no slinging. And cheap

Wax Blaster- WOW! again, works so well I just could not belive it. Just scrub on and wipe off.

Bug/Tar Remover- Again, spray on let soak and wipe bugs/tar off. If 1st time dosent get it, do it again and you will be set.

Car wash- Really expensive $19 a gallion, but really good and foamy, leaves slick surface.

Glass Polish- My first dissapointment. Used it once a year ago, worked fine, went to use it yesterday, separated and watery, had to chunk it.

Fast Clean and shine- Hate the smell, but everything else is great, no streaks on glass, slick and shiney.

Vinyl and Leather Protectant- Eh, not the best I have used, but for $5 a bottle, I will continue to use it.

I am really loving the Duragloss line. And to think, it was under my nose less than 2 miles from my house, and I have never used it.

AL-53
07-09-2006, 03:31 PM
I have used all the products Brandon used..except the aluminum polish...plus others he has not used..

But some different results on some products..

the Glass polish worked great for me...realy cleaned off some spots....left it diamond brite...

the Vinyl leather dressing #201 smells like a french whore so used it on my outside trim instead of inside...it leaves a nice finish...not glossy..but more natural looking..but more coats would bring up the gloss..it dries very dry and not oily or greasy..

I use the non silicone dressing for the inside...again..leaves a new look..not oily or greasy..dries to a very dry finish.....

The leather shampoo and conditioner is very good...221 and 301...I use it on my leather furniture..I have no leather in the truck except the steering wheel..lol...does a nice job on leather..in fact Ford told me that the King Ranch leather products are made by Duragloss...so are a few of their other car upkeep products...Hmmm....

Their APC is a nice product...cleans nice..

The all wheel cleaner is good also...cleans wheels nicely..I get no brake dust from the ceramic pads to speak of..but cuts road grime fast..spray and rinse...

the shampoo is tops...

the tire & matt dressing is nice also..good for trim and tires...leaves a nice finish...plus water proof..lasts

the ultimate detail spray is a nice engine detail spray...not greasy..and not a dust attractor

the wax blaster is the nuts..it cuts wax of trim like magic..does both smooth and textured trim...and rubber...never to return..

Oh..by the way Brandon..the FC&S smells like tropical drinks..lol...smells good to me...

Thanks

Al

GlossyTundra
07-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Oh..by the way Brandon..the FC&S smells like tropical drinks..lol...smells good to me...

Thanks

Al

Well, if I drank I may agree with you more. Hard to drink tropical drinks when you are 18. :bawling:

wannafbody
07-09-2006, 05:51 PM
the 601 PBA with a terry cloth applicator does a very good job of cleaning if you are looking to lay some sealant down without doing a full machine polishing session.

the 111 sealant is very durable with a clear and somewhat wet look. It is not overly reflective. Looks good on light to medium mettallics, gives good mettallic pop without washing out in bright light. I`ve used it in the past on dark mettallics and wasn`t as impressed.

AW- simply beautiful, easiest product I`ve used and makes most boutique products look

like a total rip off.

Duragloss car wash- very slick to the touch. probably one of the best car washes in soft water but in our extremely hard water I felt that NXT had slightly better glide.

Leather conditioner- actually softens leather and leaves a natural look. Some have said it`s comparable to Z10.

IMO the Duragloss line is the "best bang for the buck" product line available.

Mike-in-WV
07-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Just started a few weeks ago but so far. 652 #2, 105and AW. Mike

richy
07-09-2006, 08:14 PM
hello all,

i`m a newbie to this board..lots of reading to do. i am currently using menzerna products on my black infininti fx. i am interested in the duragloss. should i try the 111 or the 105? is the aquawax like a qd? their site is sorely lacking in info...i think they would sell more if they gave more info. i used to use zaino. i prefer their z8 grand finale qd to the menzerna hgas..it clouds up for me. does duragloss have a similiar product? thanks, rich

LynchMOB
07-10-2006, 06:41 AM
DG products I have tried.

Aqua Wax - I dont think you can beat this... easy to use, can be put over almost anything, looks fantastic... and what REALLY sold me was my silver van still looks VERY clean after driving in the rain.

TPP #105 & PBA #601 - These 2 products work great together and look great. I did our whole van this weekend including the wheels. Prior to 601/105 I used the FK1 Decon System. Everything worked well the paint cleaned up very nice and the 601/105 combo is very slick & shiny... I coulndt be happier.

Fast Clean & Shine - I have loved this product from the first spray!! It is a very nice QD for light surface dirt. For the life of me the only difference I can see between this product and AW is AW doesnt have any cleaning ability.... OK, maybe AW leaves MORE of a shine and is more durable?

Swirl Mark Remover - I have never had much luck or patience with HAND polishing... so this is NO exception. I tried it, probably used way to much product, was hard to remove... probably didnt do any good. Probably didnt do much for me, thats not the products fault thats mine.

Plastic Polish #681 - So far the only think I have used this on is my iPod Nano... It worked very well... I just need to do more polishing.

Nu-Glass #755 - I have only used this on 1 spot on my windshield that the wiper has scratch or left some kind of mark. It worked very well, It reduced the scratch some what... but still needs more applications. ALL by hand.

Rain Repel Glass Cleaner - This product does everything it claims. It repels rain & it cleans the glass. Works well I like it, I continue to use this product.

Bug Remover #471 - Great product... or I should say GRAPE product. The Bug Remover works great and smells great. Somebody said if this stuff doesnt get it clean the first time it will for sure the 2nd time. But I have not found anything it could not get clean after one application.

Car Wash Concetrate #901 - Very good shampoo... I mean CHERRY good shampoo. With all the new smelling products I might actually get my daughters to help clean something, LOL I used this shampoo in the foam gun, it foamed very well has great cleaning ability seems to work very well. And left a cherry smelling puddle of foam at the end of the driveway.

WHAT I HAVE ON ORDER.....

Leather Conditioner

Leather Shampoo

Tire & Mat Dressing

Rubber & Flat Black Dressing

Duragloss Products get a :2thumbs:

TigerMike
07-10-2006, 06:45 AM
I have used nearly all of their products at some point, and none really has ever disappointed me, and most have exceeded my expectations for performance and quality. The AW has been a really fantastic find, and probably my fav product from DG.

I think DG is boutique performance at bargain prices!

Mike :)

LightngSVT
07-10-2006, 09:23 AM
Do they make a reasonably priced clay too? Do they have anything that competes with Optimum polishes? Im trying to resist buying a ton of DG stuff......

gmblack3
07-10-2006, 09:36 AM
No-silicone tire shine- WOW! Better than any other tire shine I have ever used. Really black/wet, and no slinging. And cheap

Which # is that one?

http://www.duragloss.com/catalog.asp?catid=95

I guess its best just to call the local NAPA or Carquest and see if they have it in stock.

Interested in the leather conditioner too.

LynchMOB
07-10-2006, 09:39 AM
#321, http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=287

wannafbody
07-10-2006, 01:00 PM
hello all,

i`m a newbie to this board..lots of reading to do. i am currently using menzerna products on my black infininti fx. i am interested in the duragloss. should i try the 111 or the 105? is the aquawax like a qd? their site is sorely lacking in info...i think they would sell more if they gave more info. i used to use zaino. i prefer their z8 grand finale qd to the menzerna hgas..it clouds up for me. does duragloss have a similiar product? thanks, rich

601/105/AW- the AW is a similar product to Z8

gmblack3
07-11-2006, 07:12 AM
#321, http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=287

I called my local NAPA today, she thought she had about everything DG carried. I asked about the #321 and she is not showing it at the warehouse at all. She thought it might be new. Which of the other tire dressings do you guys recommend? I am getting the leather conditioner for sure.

TigerMike
07-11-2006, 07:23 AM
I called my local NAPA today, she thought she had about everything DG carried. I asked about the #321 and she is not showing it at the warehouse at all. She thought it might be new. Which of the other tire dressings do you guys recommend? I am getting the leather conditioner for sure.

This one... http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=278

Should be readily available

ashsarna
07-11-2006, 07:41 AM
Please, can anyone post a link for the wax blaster? I must be missing it when I search their site (getting senile?). Thanks.