PDA

View Full Version : Please critique my plan of action…

Ph34rful
07-09-2006, 02:44 PM
I plan on doing the work by hand over a week, with possibly a day or two between each “day”.

This is the process I intend to use for my car (97 - Honda Accord Coupe - Silver)…

Day one:

1. Wash

2. Clay bar while wet with soap

3. Rinse and dry

4. 1ZPP (Paint Polish)

Day two:

1. Wash, rinse, and dry

2. Klasse AIO (Paint Cleaner)

3. Mothers FX Synwax (Sealant)

Day three:

1. Wash, rinse, and dry

2. Collinite 845 Insulator Wax (Wax)

Also I have some Mothers FX Spray Wax; could I use this as a booster over the Collinite on my car? Or would it be unable to bond to the wax?

For my parents’ cars I think I am going to simplify it down to…

Day one:

1. Wash

2. Clay bar while wet with soap

3. Rinse and dry

4. 1ZPP (Paint Polish)

Day two:

1. Wash, rinse, and dry

2. Collinite 476S (Wax)

Is it ok to put the Collinite 476S directly over the 1ZPP? I know the 1ZPP leaves behind some oils, light wax, and that the 476S contains no cleaners… So I am unsure.

Does anyone see anything I should do differently? (Please no recommendations for new products as I have already spent way too much!)

Thanks!

ericlala
07-09-2006, 03:30 PM
why are you washing so much? i would wash, clay, wash, paint cleaner, seal, wax

Ph34rful
07-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Well I don`t have garage... And within several hours my car is dirty!

Also I don`t want to / nor do I think I could, finish it all in one day.

imported_Denzil
07-09-2006, 09:19 PM
It would be great if you had a car cover so that you wouldn`t have to rewash at the beginning of each "day." If you do have a car cover, just use quick detail spray instead of washing the car when you remove the car cover. Even if you don`t have a car cover, you can still use a quick detail spray to get by, if you`re lucky. I don`t know how dirty cars get over there over a couple days...

Accumulator
07-10-2006, 10:27 AM
I don`t mind the idea of all the washes, just be careful not to induce new marring.

The 1Z PP leaves enough wax that you could just drive it and do the next steps after the next regular wash.

Yeah, 1Z PP leaves oils and waxes (both carnauba and synthetics) behind. IMO this is good.

I would *NOT* use AIO after 1Z PP as the AIO will remove the PP`s wax and probably uncover some hidden residual marring. Just add the topper right over the PP. For that matter, I wouldn`t put the sealant on over the PP, just the 845/476S.

1ZPP topped with Collinite is a winner :xyxthumbs I`ve done two cars with 1Z polishes topped with 476S lately. If you`re concerned about looks (and we`re splitting hairs here) just use the 845 instead of 476S.