PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who detail for $$$

Pages : [1] 2

bluzman
07-09-2006, 11:22 AM
I was thinking of doing some detailing on the side. What is the best way to offer your services to someone without telling them there vehicle/paint looks could look better. I would think you would have to aproach the situation delicately. Thanks!!

mikebai1990
07-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Hmm... That`s an interesting question. Perhaps some before/after pictures of your details on your own cars? Some pro detailers could probably answer this question more fully :)

rotts4u
07-09-2006, 02:55 PM
I think one of the most impressive things is to lead them to the right conclusion by example. If your personal vehicle is stunning that alone will be enough to convince them. Tell them to check out your car, feel the paint then compare to theirs. then casually say if you want yours looking that good let me know and you can make it happen for them.

Get them hooked on the look then spring the price on the,

Don

bluzman
07-10-2006, 07:44 PM
I think one of the most impressive things is to lead them to the right conclusion by example. If your personal vehicle is stunning that alone will be enough to convince them. Tell them to check out your car, feel the paint then compare to theirs. then casually say if you want yours looking that good let me know and you can make it happen for them.

Get them hooked on the look then spring the price on the,

Don

Thanks Don! I really expected a little more out of this forum though!!

Joshua312
07-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Thanks Don! I really expected a little more out of this forum though!!

Whats wrong with this forum?

bluzman
07-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Whats wrong with this forum?

Nothing is wrong with it! It has alot of good info! I just expected more then 2 responses to my question!!

imported_ajbarnes
07-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Try posting in the "Professional Detailing" section.

bluzman
07-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Try posting in the "Professional Detailing" section.

I just posted it over there. I figured almost eveyone who is a member here checks out the detailing section.

derek37
07-10-2006, 09:48 PM
I think you should just tell them "Hey nice car, but with the proper steps it could look awesome!"

Knowledge is key. Sell yourself, sell the service.

I hope this forum meets your expectations.

LeadingEdgeDetail
07-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Or just simply ask how long its been since it was polished and waxed... Normally they`ll say last summer... Try and get them this summer :)

Or let them know that their car CAN look brand new forever, it just requires regular exterior maintenance.

I think giving someone the brand-new-car feeling again can be a powerful tool :hifive:

bluzman
07-11-2006, 09:05 AM
I think you should just tell them "Hey nice car, but with the proper steps it could look awesome!"

Knowledge is key. Sell yourself, sell the service.

I hope this forum meets your expectations.

This forum has alot of great info. Clearly there are alot of people on here who have alot to offer in the world of detailing. All I was saying is that I was a little suprised at the lack of responses to my question.

blackf0rk
07-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Potential. Sell them the cars potential.

It not only tells them their paint us under par, safely, but it also shows them that their paint is not as bad as they might think you`re saying it is. It`s a win win tactic. :)

Once that`s out of the way, you can further expound upon what "potential" you can derive out of the cars paint.

LeadingEdgeDetail
07-11-2006, 09:26 AM
And while you`re working on the potential, you can let them know about scratches that may come out, chrome or metal bits that can be polished, rubber that can be cleaned up, wheels, tires, lights, everything you pay attention to when detailing!

Customers love long lists of things that you include in detailing :)

bluzman
07-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Thanks for all the tips !!! Im defintely going to use these words of wisdom!!

imported_Denzil
07-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Also, if potential customers are still a little hesitant, offer to do a small section of their car. I`m sure they`ll be impressed but be left with one really clean area of their car. They can`t leave it like that!!! :bounce