PDA

View Full Version : New Youngin From Georgia

martinager
07-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Hello all!

Im 17, and have a 95` Nightshadow Blue Camry. Very rare color/year combo, so I amvery proud of my baby. Ive been reading this sites ebook for a very long time and thought I would join. I just finished doing my very first serious clean on it, and I was thoroughly impressed with what I could do.

pic:

http://www.ryanmartini.com/carwash/IMAGE_00052.jpg

I hope to learn as much as I can from you all and look forward to learning to be a good detailer. Within the last week, I *accidently* :D bought a PC ^^ Soon Ill go find a practice panel.

Thanks for reading the novel!

-Ryan M

KiaDude
07-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Hi Ryan and :welcome to Autopia!

Good lookin` Camry there--I don`t recall having seen that color before, but I like it. It`s good to see the younger crowd trying to take proper care of an older 4-door. (Sheesh! I sound like my father!) :bolt

Anyway, don`t get overwhelmed with the amount of information on here and don`t be afraid to ask a question if you can`t find an answer after searching the forums. Everyone is here for the same reason and willing to help without any flaming. You`ll also want to look at the "Secret Decoder Ring" near the top right corner of the home page in order to learn what all the abbreviations mean.

Good move in purchasing a PC! You can try and get a practice panel if you want, but the PC is really a fool-proof machine to use. You`ll find that PREP, PREP, PREP is the key to any good detailing--get the paint clean to start with, add some common sense to quality products & the PC, and be amazed at how your skills will take off.

Most of all, have fun in honing your skills and again, welcome!

martinager
07-14-2006, 08:48 PM
thank you. so sorry for the LATE response. Ended up going camping this last week.