PDA

View Full Version : Family feud over detailing

froll
07-09-2006, 06:10 AM
We all know that detaiing is addictive. My theory is that it provides us with stress relief and instant (or not so instant depending on how many hours you spend) gratification. My 19 y.o. daughter believes that detailing has "torn the family apart". Oh well, I pay the bills around here so what the heck. She told me that her vision of punishing me would be to tie me up in the driver`s seat while she and my other daughter sit in the car eating dripping ice cream followed by a big bag of cheese doodles with all the orange crumbs falling everywhere and ending up with sticky spilling Kool-aid. To end the punishment they would then get out of the car and wipe their hands all over the outside then clean it up with Windex and paper towels (the real real cheap rough ones). Oh yeah, she would then encourage the neighbors great big dog to come over and put his claws and nails all over the car with loud scratches like running nails over a chalkboard. I responded that I would no longer pay college tuition and get out of my house. She saw the light.....

ChicagoVTX
07-09-2006, 06:33 AM
good for u. I did the same!! Except mine wanted to apologize to her boyfriend. He felt offended when I told him to get a job.

imported_Grouse
07-09-2006, 06:49 AM
I don`t have kids quite that old, but my wifes lil sis moved up here for college. Talk about needing a bleeping clue.

Not only that they left their crap in my garage for me to ship to them in cali, only to have them ship it back up here at the end of summer.

Needless to say I shipped nothing till They paid me for it. which took an amazing two months. then they never gave me an address to ship it to, so I waited. and waited. When the putz`s boyfriend (all his crap) called me mad because he did not have his stuff yet, i calmly asked i were i should ship it.

In a few days the wife went and shipped it. Snail mail. should arrive in 3 weeks.

Yes we are mean evil people, But after the mess they leave in my car every single time they get in it... I` ought to be charging them to breathe.

PS my first response was to tell him to get a job and pay for it himself. Him and my wifes sister were deeply offended that we just did not understand what it is like to be a thespian.

yeah what ever, get a job.

LightngSVT
07-09-2006, 07:38 AM
Yet more reasons I dont have any desire to reproduce! Good for all of you!

awahl63
07-09-2006, 07:40 AM
Funny thread so far...

imported_Grouse
07-09-2006, 07:53 AM
What i should have said to the 350lb boyfriend is:

"So your a thespian, why don`t you try some method acting."

Ryan`s response would have been. " you think that would help?"

My passive agressive comeback. "Sure, if you went out and got a real job, you could tell yourself you were method acting. You know, you`d be learning what it would be like to be a productive person in society."

finerdetails
07-09-2006, 08:05 AM
explain that caring for the car is to you what aplying cake loads of face cake to her face is to her... lol