PDA

View Full Version : The inside is spotless, now what?

Mike-in-WV
07-08-2006, 04:52 PM
After Duraglossing my Tacoma I decided to really clean and detail the inside . I cleaned the seats, seat belts and carpet with Woolite and the dash and all the inside trim with Mean Green and water. It is spotless! Now what is the best protectent for the dash, consul and trim? I always used Armorall but thought there may be something better on the market today. Any suggestions from some of you pros? Thanks, Mike

2.5RS
07-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Well, I`m no pro, but if you want to go OTC stuff, Meguiars Natural Vinyl and Rubber in the red bottle is pretty good stuff. Otherwise, 303 is my new favorite, but no one stocks it locally so I have to order it. Meg`s NXT protectant is very shiney, which I don`t care for but whatever floats your boat y`know? I always apply the protectant with one of the small yellow foam pads , nice thin even coat leaves a good look.

- Andrew

drck1000
07-08-2006, 05:44 PM
I`ll second 303 Protectant for anything vinyl and plastic on the interior. I also use it for the black rubber door seals, the plastic trim at the windshield cowl and even on my tires. I`ve also used it for some exterior plastic, but lately I`ve been using PB Trim Restorer or Black Again. 303 is available OTC for me as well as Meguiar`s Quik Interior Detailer. Others have posted using Meguiar`s with excellent results, but I haven`t used mine yet as I started with 303 and am now almost done with the first 8oz bottle. I also have 1Z Cockpit Premium, but don`t use that much as well.

IIRC, your truck doesn`t have leather seats, correct? If they do have leather seats, I would suggest Four Star leather conditioner. Worked pretty good for me. I`ve also used Lexol`s conditioner with good results on a family vehicle. No complaints with Lexol though no real smell like the Four Star or my Lexus leather conditioners.

bluzman
07-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Megs #40 works well. doesnt leave a glossy/shiny look!

Mike-in-WV
07-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Thanks guys, I have to go to town on Monday anyway so I will pick up some 303 or Megs #40 if I can find some. Thanks for the suggestions. No leather seats, just cloth and vinyl. Mike

FreeBIZZ
07-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Thanks guys, I have to go to town on Monday anyway so I will pick up some 303 or Megs #40 if I can find some. Thanks for the suggestions. No leather seats, just cloth and vinyl. Mike

I have 303, but it is pricey. Great stuff, though. Another one I like is Poorboys Natural Look. Great smell and appearance.

Shelbrain
07-09-2006, 06:14 AM
I got 303 locally at a boating store, see if there are any in your area. It works well, but I also prefer the look of PB Natural Look so I only use the 303 on my exterior trim and my dash.

Mike-in-WV
07-09-2006, 06:25 AM
Thanks guys, we have many boat dealers due to all the rivers that run through Charleston, WV. That`s my closest big town and it`s 50 miles away. We live in the hills (Mountains) and have no close big stores. I`ll find some 303 or something like it on Monday when I hit Charleston. I just don`t want any silicone based treatments. It just turns yellow and sticky. Thanks again for all the info, Mike

Todd@RUPES
07-09-2006, 09:01 AM
When you use woolite to clean interior surfaces, whats your process? in detail, please!

Thanks

Mike-in-WV
07-09-2006, 11:35 AM
When you use woolite to clean interior surfaces, whats your process? in detail, please!

Thanks

If you look on this page or do a search you will see all kinds of info on using Woolite. I just did as suggested here by others. Diluted it with water about 6-1 and placed it in a spray bottle. After sweeping the floors and seats and floor mats I sprayed it on and worked in in with a brush. Then I let it sit a few minutes and swept it up with my shop vac and finished with a dry towel. The seats , carpet and carpeted mats came out great!

Left my windows down and doors open for a while and it was dry in no time. Looks and smells good too. Now I gotta get me one of the new car air things, I have a small bottle of the spray but it only last a few hours for some reason. Not that my truck stinks I just like the new car smell. To me it`s a really clean smell. :woot2: Mike