PDA

View Full Version : FPII Question

Beason
07-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Will FPII remove any oils or waxes from previous steps? Leaving a clean surface for Zaino? What is its polishing ability compared to from Meg, SSR or Opt.?

drck1000
07-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Not sure about the prep for Zaino as I don`t use that system/product. However, FPII is approximately equivalent to SSR1 and OP.

See the link below.

http://danosdetailing.com/products/

Myself, I have OP and FPII and I really like FPII. It takes care all of my light wash/drying incuded marring when combined with a polishing pad (Edge 2000 green or propel green). Easy to work with using a PC. Have had excellent results with OP as well, but no direct comparision with FPII as I use it on other vehicles. Both are really nice products though.

FPII will remove previous layers and I would assume that if you buff residues with 50/50 IPA/Water mix, that your surface would be clean enough for Zaino.

Deviant
07-08-2006, 02:58 PM
FPII is like the OP equivalent. While OP has a longer working time, I like the finish FPII gives. Only downside is that on it`s own, FPII dusts quite a bit.

I`m assuming it would remove any dust and oils from previous steps as it`s a final step polish. But like drck said, a 50/50 wipedown will prep the surface enough.

Beason
07-08-2006, 03:15 PM
FPII is like the OP equivalent. While OP has a longer working time, I like the finish FPII gives. Only downside is that on it`s own, FPII dusts quite a bit.

I`m assuming it would remove any dust and oils from previous steps as it`s a final step polish. But like drck said, a 50/50 wipedown will prep the surface enough.

Alright Ill stick with the IPA or Z6 wipe down

Alfisti
07-08-2006, 07:18 PM

I find that if FPII dusts, then I`m using too much. Being a final polish it requires very little...about half of what you`d use polishing with IP.

klnyc
07-08-2006, 07:46 PM
I learned this trick from Picus.. I mixed FPII or FP w/RMG. This way, it doesnt dust much.

imported_Picus
07-08-2006, 08:38 PM
I learned that trick from RAG; the only issue with it before a sealant is that RMG can impede the bonding ability of a sealant, so you need to isa:water before the sealant. If you use straight up FPII you won`t need isa (although I like it anyway)

Alfisti
07-09-2006, 05:45 AM
As I said before...if it dusts, you`re using too much.

Save the RMG to mix with the other Menzernas.

Use less FPII, save on polish, save on RMG. :bigups

crew219
07-09-2006, 06:00 AM
Distilled water helps FPII stay dust-free and very workable.

I premist the pad prior to applying the FPII and I also premist the panel that I`m using with one spray of distilled. Works great.

Dave