PDA

View Full Version : your method for cloth seats?

2drtahoez71
03-19-2005, 05:10 PM
how do you guys go about getting stains out of cloth seats? Carpet is no problem for me, but it always seems like whenever i get a car with cloth seats i cant get the stains all the way out, and of course the customer always nit picks about it.

Shaun Carollo
03-19-2005, 08:52 PM
I spray the areas with 303 Spot Remover, aggitate with cyclo and/or a soft bristle brush. Then I wipe the stain with an old towel. Hope this helps.

-Shaun

2drtahoez71
03-19-2005, 10:09 PM
yea, thats basically what i do....works alright....i was hoping there was another method somebody has thought ot

truzoom
03-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Shampooer usually, but theres plenty of foam aerosol cleaners that work really well. When dry, top it off with scotchguard and keep the stains from coming back. :bigups

jaybs02
03-20-2005, 07:09 AM
Check Sean`s topic on cleaning carpet`s and upholstery it`s pinned in the main street detailing forum.

Good luck
"J"

2drtahoez71
03-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Check Sean`s topic on cleaning carpet`s and upholstery it`s pinned in the main street detailing forum.

Good luck
"J"
cool, i didnt even see that, ill check it out

Secret Chimp
03-21-2005, 02:06 AM
If the stains are protein based, I use Natures Miracle Enzyme cleaner. It`s available at most pet stores and is meant to clean up pet stains.

Enzyme cleaners have living bacteria in them that eat stains. It works great! Just spray it on, let it sit for about 10 secs and scrub with a soft bristle brush. If any stain remains, spray more product and just let it sit. It will `eat` any remaining stain creating protein.

Beemerboy
03-21-2005, 10:50 AM
I posted this recently but I had a customer that had baby oil on cloth seats. Steve at PB suggested using woolite on 50/50 water. I started by using a bursh to loosen up the surface dirt, then shop vac to lift all the dirt. I then spray on the woolite and brush again then shop vac again, repeat in areas that need more attention. It worked for me well

shotime
03-21-2005, 12:16 PM
I did my brothers WRX interior this weekend. I actually removed the seats to get the sides by the console and to clean under them. I found out my extractor was busted, luckly on his and not a paying customer, so I soaked them in Meg`s APC and then used Castle foaming Enzyme cleaner. Scrubed and vacuumed, they came out looking like new. Hopefully I can fix my extractor instead of spending more $$$.

C. Charles Hahn
03-22-2005, 03:43 PM
Usually I would just go for an extractor if I couldn`t get it out right away with my spot cleaner and a dirt transfer towel.