PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal?

Mach1
07-08-2006, 08:27 AM
http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/EZ%20Detailer%20Start%20Up%20Package.htm

imported_Tex Star Detail
07-08-2006, 08:42 AM
Depends on what you are planning on doing. Professional work, or weekend warrior?

For weekend warrior, it is too much to start out with. I say get the stuff you need, when you need it.

For professional, you need to look at the list and see if there are things you need that are NOT on the list, and then look at it and find things that you DO NOT NEED that are on the list.

It just comes down to what are you going to do.

Sherman8r44
07-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Depends on what you are planning on doing. Professional work, or weekend warrior?

For weekend warrior, it is too much to start out with. I say get the stuff you need, when you need it.

For professional, you need to look at the list and see if there are things you need that are NOT on the list, and then look at it and find things that you DO NOT NEED that are on the list.

It just comes down to what are you going to do.

Agreed with Tex, it looks like a nice business startup package, but rediculous for weekend warrior detailing.

Mach1
07-08-2006, 10:31 AM
its going to be a side business, mostly by appt only

scooterguitar
07-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Check into Chemical Guys, factory direct, great pricing.

I wouldn;t buy a large package, it would be better to piece it together with itmes you think will be used the most.

Brian_Brice
07-08-2006, 12:36 PM
its going to be a side business, mostly by appt only

im by appointment only, and operate full time as most i pressume on this site. its a good starter kit for sure, how much you planning on doing?

tustah
07-08-2006, 12:54 PM
If you`re not planning on doing much, I would suggest you purchase the products separately.

Envious Eric
07-08-2006, 12:57 PM
IMO, you could start effectively with the following....

PC with about 6 pads - 3 yellow, one burgandy, and two tan

two large bins to carry all your supplies

a bag for the PC and pads

4 applicator pads - for trim, tires, carnuba wax by hand

assortment of MF towels for various things

some terry cloth towels for dirty non paint/plastic cleanups

and then a few products such as:

wheel brightener

safe degreaser

all purpose cleaner

21 sealant

26 carnuba wax

nxt wax

window cleaner (not nxt- i didnt like it, but i love the stoners glass cleaner)

all metal polish

a few dispenser bottles for polishes and spray bottles for liquids like wheel brightener and degreaser/APC

a couple of clay bars

clay lube (some like to use water and soap, I dont)

carpet cleaner

leather cleaner and conditioner

tire/trim dressings

interior vinyl protectant/cleaner (meguiars #40 is pretty good)

i may be missing some....

then you can get the botique products if you so wish....

pinnacle souveran, natty`s blue, s100 carnuba waxes

menzerna product line...more expensive, but worth it IMO

getting a package thing is a decent idea, but i got a gallon of the safe degreaser about 2 months ago....i have yet to use it, and I have had about 8 details since then...so is it woth it??? maybe maybe not, but i will be glad when i have it and need it!

the above list is what I basically started out with and as you get more and more money from the details you do, you can upgrade and get more/different products to try out to find something you will like. I have about 200 bucks in products on my self that I will use on my car only just to get rid of it instead of using the business product on my personal vehicle....

Sherman8r44
07-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Check into Chemical Guys, factory direct, great pricing.

I wouldn;t buy a large package, it would be better to piece it together with itmes you think will be used the most.

+1 Chemical Guys is awesome

If you also want other product lines in addition to CG, definitely check out the forum sponsor Danase.com. Great selection, great prices, and awesome customer service.

Mach1
07-08-2006, 02:29 PM
THanks for the input guys

i plan on doing 1-2 full details on the weekends, im an auto tech by profession, and use to do a ton of painting on the side but got burned out, i have everything to do the "aggressive" buffing, but nothing but personal supplies for my own vehicles, i do however have several washmits, etc as i never use the same one twice on my own cars

also i will not be doing this mobil, i will be doing in my shop at home