PDA

View Full Version : Anyone prefer QEW to Optimum NR?

twopu
07-08-2006, 06:07 AM
I used NR for the first time yesterday (as per instructions) and it just didn`t seem to clean as well as QEW. I had some bird droppings that NR needed several passes and moderate pressure. In my experience QEW would have needed just a couple passes with light pressure. The smell was also annoying. The car had a nice shine to it when it was done, but I think QEW has a bit more cleaning power.

spotter
07-08-2006, 11:09 AM
I like the Optimum product better. I would be happy to swap you about 15 oz of QEW for around 15 oz of ONR.

Envious Eric
07-08-2006, 11:11 AM
I too use QEW, and would like to try ONR to compare to see if I would like to buy ONR next time around....anyone have a sample they would like to send to me and I`ll pay for shipping????

twopu
07-08-2006, 11:22 AM
I don`t want to get rid of it because it`s so versatile. I`ve only used it once so maybe I need to try different ratios.

Beason
07-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Ive only used ONR and noticed it does have problems removing some things such as bugs, baked on droppings and brake dust. However if you make a spray bottle of QD and presoak the spot it really helps.

racingbeat
07-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Follow up ONR with FK 146 (http://www.fk1usa.com/products-professional.htm) (anti static cleaning detailer) to clear away water spots or any soil that might not have come off with ONR. After a quick pass with the 146 spray the car is shiny enough to leave as is.

Both ONR and 146 leave the surface slick and really make me wonder why I ever bothered with a hose and a foamy bucket of wash soap.

Then I do a quick application of Aqua Wax topped a few minutes later with FK 146 for aditional dust repelling and suuuuuper slickness.

Dirty water spots never really "stick" to the paint anymore. They just melt away with the next ONR session.