PDA

View Full Version : Encountered problem with P21S wax

DSVWGLI
07-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Hey everyone first post in a while. I detailed a black 02 Vette for a customer last week in high ninety temp. Compounded twice and polished twice then put P21S wax on by hand with the sponge it comes with. Did small sections at a time and buffed off right away because of the heat. Everything looked good when I was done. Today I get a call from the guy saying that there is a problem, he thinks his finish is gone. I told him that it`s probably the wax I used and that it dried to quick in the hot wheather. When I went over to look at it, it looked a hazy white. So I cleaned a few areas and it was gone. I`ve had a few problems with P21S wax in the past but nothing like this. I apologized and told him I will clean it and reseal it with something else, I`ll probably use EX. Has anyone had this happen before. I think I might throw it out.

Thomas Dekany
07-07-2006, 10:08 PM
If you read the label it will say: to apply it to a cool area. You`ll need to order Poorboy`s Natty`s if you work outside like me.

Pb2theMax
07-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Sounds like it didn`t bond to the paint good. The paint might have been too hot.

DSVWGLI
07-07-2006, 10:21 PM
All polishing and waxing was done inside my garage, but it was very hot in there. There must be an issue with bonding because of very warm temps. I think this is the last time I will use P21S. Anyone want it, very little used?

RCBuddha
07-07-2006, 10:25 PM
What were the products you compounded and polished with?

DSVWGLI
07-07-2006, 10:55 PM
What were the products you compounded and polished with?

OHC with LC orange pad then OP with LC white pad then SSR 1 with LC white pad.

Thomas Dekany
07-07-2006, 10:59 PM
did you wipe off p21s right away?

I`ll take the rest of your p21s

DSVWGLI
07-07-2006, 11:06 PM
did you wipe off p21s right away?

I`ll take the rest of your p21s

Hey tdekany, I did two foot sections at a time and wiped it off right after I finished each section. Probably sat for 10 seconds before I wiped it off :wall .

Scottwax
07-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Probably applied too thickly and the excess rehazed. Try using less and wait a minute or two before removing. This isn`t just a P21S problem, just typical of carnaubas in warmer weather.

DSVWGLI
07-08-2006, 12:24 AM
Probably applied too thickly and the excess rehazed. Try using less and wait a minute or two before removing. This isn`t just a P21S problem, just typical of carnaubas in warmer weather.

That makes sense, I could have applied a bit too much :think: , I haven`t used it in a while. I should have used my Victoria wax, never an issue with it. I remember when I first got P21s I had problems buffing it off, probably left it on too long those times. P21s seems very finicky to me. When I redo the Vette I think I will RMG it to clean it up and give it that nice wet look then EX by PC.

imported_Larry A
07-08-2006, 07:07 AM
Carnubas tend to bloom in hot weather, that is the hot weather melts the wax and reflow it. A simple rewipe will take care of it, and after the first wash it wont do it anymore.

AuAltima3.5
07-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Carnubas tend to bloom in hot weather, that is the hot weather melts the wax and reflow it. A simple rewipe will take care of it, and after the first wash it wont do it anymore.

ditto. mother`s carnuba is all over that reply. I do love my carnubas in the fall/winter