PDA

View Full Version : Lets get together and help some kids get started in detailing

Pages : [1] 2

rotts4u
07-07-2006, 07:28 PM
All of us that are older (im 42) and have a real job etc more than likely throw away more unwanted detailing stuff that we grow tired of than most of these new kids still in school ever see.

So here is my plan. I suggest we somehow start a list of young detailers just getting started and each of us with a garage full of stuff could send them something. Just one bottle of glaze, swirl remover etc.

I am guessing we could get a kid started and hooked on our passion in a few weeks and we could all feel good about it too.

So I will start by donating some swirl remover to some lucky young detailer. You must be under say 18 and not have a job yet still in school etc. I know there is no way to verify this but come on guys I am trying to help someone out so dont scam me out of a bottle of $10 polish that some noob deserves.

So the first one to PM me gets it. And I will even ship it free too.

Anyone else will to help someone get bit by the detailing bug?

Don

mikebai1990
07-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Sent you a PM! Not an exact noob, though...

Beason
07-07-2006, 08:04 PM
damn 19, im out of the running. Id be willing to donate some Meg. Hand Polish (81 I believe). Used maybe once.

awahl63
07-07-2006, 08:09 PM
I`m 18...I`m a noob with the rotary

klnyc
07-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Good ideal...

I need to rid out some stuffs too ;)

imported_Chris223
07-07-2006, 09:45 PM

Good luck, and for the love of god, PRACTICE PANNELS from a junkyard.

I`m 20, so I`m out of the running for anything, though if anyone feels like swinging me some... well, I don`t really need anything actually.

dinan 3er
07-07-2006, 10:32 PM
I`m 17. you can send some stuff my way!

ev01ut10ndt
07-07-2006, 11:12 PM
17 here...addiction started about 2 months ago...

its great knowing that people are going out of their way to help ppl my age into detailing. Too many spoiled...i mean RICH kids around here driving their new black benzes/lexus/bimmers with crazy swirls all over them.

Aut0
07-07-2006, 11:20 PM

I suggest using butter with your new rotary than:D

a.k.a. Patrick
07-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Prior to school getting out for the summer, i had some young kids write me and ask if I would be willing to sponsor them for some products. They wanted to wash and wax some cars during the summer months, and split the profits and buy each other some terrariums......

Hello,

Some and I have decided instead of wasting our summers on the couch at home

we are going to start our own business washing cars and mowing lawns. There

are 5 of us and we all love science and would like to buy either an aquarium

or teraium for each of us. We were wondering if maybe Excel Detail could

donate some items or give us a price break. We realize that we in return

should do something for you. We thought maybe we could put your name on our

shirts, business cards, and coupns and refer all of are customers Excel

Detail for quality car products. We need to know A.S.A.P because school ends

in 1week. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I told them they needed to convince me of their conviction. Tell me there game plan, what are they going to do with all the money they earn. Are they going to put some money back into the "project" after it gets up and running? It was a real interesting exchange of emails for about a week. Then one day..............they had the b*** to call me on the phone! I was blown away to say the least. We had a nice little discussion about work ethics, when your providing a service for others, and some quick techniques.

About a week later, i sent out a box load of items to 5 young kids, who had a simple wish........(Ah, to be a kid again)

They even wrote me back after they got it, I could imagine there faces when they got their stuff....

Kids: It is here thanks alot for everythingyou sent us.

Me: Keep me informed of your success stories! And let me know if your reaching your goals....!

Kids: We did our first detailing job and got paid 80 dollars with a 10 dollar tip

Me: Excellent!!!! Im so proud of you guys! Keep it up! Was it easy money? How long did it take you??!!

Havent heard from them since! LOL..........But I think its time to check up on them!

Sorry for the brief thread jack!! I think its a marvelous idea..........

Evenflow
07-07-2006, 11:51 PM
Prior to school getting out for the summer, i had some young kids write me and ask if I would be willing to sponsor them for some products. They wanted to wash and wax some cars during the summer months, and split the profits and buy each other some terrariums......

Hello,

Some and I have decided instead of wasting our summers on the couch at home

we are going to start our own business washing cars and mowing lawns. There

are 5 of us and we all love science and would like to buy either an aquarium

or teraium for each of us. We were wondering if maybe Excel Detail could

donate some items or give us a price break. We realize that we in return

should do something for you. We thought maybe we could put your name on our

shirts, business cards, and coupns and refer all of are customers Excel

Detail for quality car products. We need to know A.S.A.P because school ends

in 1week. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I told them they needed to convince me of their conviction. Tell me there game plan, what are they going to do with all the money they earn. Are they going to put some money back into the "project" after it gets up and running? It was a real interesting exchange of emails for about a week. Then one day..............they had the b*** to call me on the phone! I was blown away to say the least. We had a nice little discussion about work ethics, when your providing a service for others, and some quick techniques.

About a week later, i sent out a box load of items to 5 young kids, who had a simple wish........(Ah, to be a kid again)

They even wrote me back after they got it, I could imagine there faces when they got their stuff....

Kids: It is here thanks alot for everythingyou sent us.

Me: Keep me informed of your success stories! And let me know if your reaching your goals....!

Kids: We did our first detailing job and got paid 80 dollars with a 10 dollar tip

Me: Excellent!!!! Im so proud of you guys! Keep it up! Was it easy money? How long did it take you??!!

Havent heard from them since! LOL..........But I think its time to check up on them!

Sorry for the brief thread jack!! I think its a marvelous idea..........

What a guy! That was VERY kind of you.

Mcthings
07-08-2006, 12:28 AM
well, I`m 17 years old, and I started in the whole detail world... I don`t know... a couple months ago, maybe 3. Pretty much since I joined this forum...

I do go to highschool, and I`ll be a senior this upcoming year.

I don`t know how to prove it... I can scan my school ID and PM it if needed.

:usa

bshertzer
07-08-2006, 05:34 AM
thats a really great idea.... i started washing and vaccing cars at a detail shop on saturdays when i was 14. i worked there all thru high school, and learned so much. i learned so much those summers.... im 32 now, and getting back into detailing a bit more seriously now... but the roots were already there.

:xyxthumbs

mikebai1990
07-08-2006, 06:09 AM
Okay, since everyone`s giving out their ages... I`m 15 and I`ll be a junior next year in high school. I have some detailing products (turtle wax hard shell, meguiars GC, mothers clay bar, turtle wax tire shine, 3 MF towels), but I`m obviously in need of some other products. Due to financial restraints (my only allowance is from my parents :), and they think I`m way too crazy about making cars clean and shiny, so they don`t always let me buy what I want/need) I started detailing last year when my dad`s friend recommended that he use NuFinish to protect his car. I took the job over and put a layer of protection on the car for the first time of the car`s life :) Later, I joined a MPV forum where I learned some more about detailing, and that`s when I really got obsessed with keeping the car clean. Recently, I joined autopia, which focuses solely on detailing, so I`m learning even more! It would be really nice of you guys to be giving out products. Really appreciate it!

BTW, I`d be glad to scan my passport for proof of birth :)

rotts4u
07-08-2006, 06:25 AM
I received a PM and as promised I will be getting together a care package for the young man on Monday. Maybe I will throw in a few microfiber towels and a waz applicator pad etc.

I hope some of you will do the same too

Don