PDA

View Full Version : Applying Klasse Sealant Glaze (SG)

Pages : [1] 2

blackf0rk
07-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Directions say I only need a capful per car (2oz), and to apply with cotton cloth. Does anyone have better suggestions for applying such a little amount to a large car?

autobahn
07-07-2006, 02:08 PM
what I do is for each panel use a dime to a nickel size drop of sg and quickly rub down the panel so you cover the whole panel with a thin coat of SG before it dries. you have to keep an eye on your paint so you apply the SG evenly and don`t miss an area.

shortspark
07-07-2006, 02:21 PM
What I do is use an applicator squirted a little (just to get it damp, not wet) with a 3 part water to 1 part SG solution. Put the solution in a mister bottle and squirt when needed to keep the pad barely moist or to spray on a high spot or hazed over area. Keep what is left over and use it as a QD to add shine and gloss after a wash. It does not clean well like, for instance, Poorboys SW but it is a super topper for your SG.

Okay, back to the straight SG question. You should use only about a nickle size dab of SG on the applicator. Work it in the pad if you want to but I just give the applicator one little squeeze and rub it on the section in a straight back and forth motion. Keep doing it and it will be very hard to see. If you see it really well chances are you have used too much and it will "haze". In that case, keep going back and forth with your applicator or mist as mentioned above if really necessary. You will soon learn how much to use and how to apply it so don`t fret - many people need a time or two with it.

Another issue with SG is to either follow directions and let it "dry" or use a wowo method. The wowo method is the one I use because it is easier, thats all. People who have used both methods have said there is virtually no difference so the wowo is my preference and the only way I`ve ever used it. I have also heard it is best applied by hand rather than electric buffer. Be sure to let it cure 12 hours or more between coats (three coats should be more than enough) and don`t drive between coats or you`ll have to wash the car. Remember, you are dealing with a sealant so it will seal whatever is on your paint.

To freshen things up a bit now and then try the home brew formula above or acrylic/polymer QDs and toppers such as Menzerna HGAS, Wolfgang Spritz and FK425 does pretty well too. Lately, I`ve been using the newest rage here, Duragloss Aquawax after my washes and my SG lsp looks great! Of course, you can always top SG with a carnuba wax - just never put SG over the wax or you`ll have bonding problems. Hope this helps.

blackf0rk
07-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Thanks for all your help!

Brian_Brice
07-07-2006, 04:04 PM
ive been using it in a spray bottle and rubbing back and forth up and down with slightly damp mf applicator.

blackf0rk
07-07-2006, 04:16 PM
ive been using it in a spray bottle and rubbing back and forth up and down with slightly damp mf applicator.

This makes LOTS of sense to me...at least from an even coverage point of view. But I don`t know how you can limit yourself to 2oz with this method. Do you?

imported_truzoom
07-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Such a fixed amount seems like a mistake on their part. Not all cars have the same paint area!

I think the main idea is to use as little as possible but still make sure you get it on there.

Deviant
07-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Such a fixed amount seems like a mistake on their part. Not all cars have the same paint area!

I think the main idea is to use as little as possible but still make sure you get it on there.

That about sums it up. Using a damp mf cloth or applicator will help as well. Applying it dry is a little bit harder.

racingbeat
07-07-2006, 08:18 PM
I don`t want to be wet blanket but I used SG for years some great results but there are products that produce equal results without all these considerations.

EXP from Poorboys ,Carlack, Werkstatt Acrylic Jett produce equal results and there is little risk of streaking or having the product turn to glue on your car if you use too much.

There are no greater rewards in using SG.

drck1000
07-07-2006, 08:27 PM
I don`t want to be wet blanket but I used SG for years some great results but there are products that produce equal results without all these considerations.

EXP from Poorboys ,Carlack, Werkstatt Acrylic Jett produce equal results and there is little risk of streaking or having the product turn to glue on your car if you use too much.

There are no greater rewards in using SG.

I`ve used SG without any problems from the beginning. I wet the applicator with soem QD and allow it to dry for an hour before buffing. I even bought Sonus Acrylic Spritz to aid in the removal, which I`ve never ended up needing and now just sits in my bin of QD/Sealant sprays (it`s on the bench behing HGAS). That said, I`ve read on here where others have had problems removing AJ! I guess each might have their unique quirks. I have AJ coming and looking forward to trying it out.

However, I have never had any problems using UPP or EXP as racingbeat has noted. I can`t really comment on durability as I use different post wash sealant sprays on each and add other variables like topping with carnauba to effective compare them. But those are so easy to use, I would be willing to apply every couple of months on my car. I use products like SG and Collinite on other family vehicles that I don`t have time to reapply sealants regularly.

racingbeat
07-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Hope you got the Acylic Jett Trigger. I was spraying the hell out of one of my doors just to remind myslef that I could never do that with SG. :)

I`d like to talk to someone at Klassse and ask them how much business they have given away by simply not offering their product in a sprayable form. Its totally retarded. Offer the product both ways and see what happens.

MBurnickas
07-07-2006, 09:41 PM
2oz can do a bus, I say use 1/2 once or less for a car. Use a damp applicator and it usually takes more at first but once the applicator is primed you should be putting a couple drops per panel. I use a MF applicator when applying SG.

http://www.bettercarcare.com/son-dwa-2.html

LeadingEdgeDetail
07-07-2006, 11:34 PM
I used Klasse SG for the first time on a Black `01 Corvette yesterday... HOLY CRAP! I`ve never seen a panel so reflective! It went on amazingly easily, I put a half-dime drop in the middle of a Meguiars Finishing Pad, and it did the rear 1/4 panel by itself... and amazingly, it buffed off perfectly!

I did have bad experiences with it previously, but they were all due to far too much product!

GeorgePaul
07-08-2006, 01:12 AM
I used Klasse SG for the first time on a Black `01 Corvette yesterday... HOLY CRAP! I`ve never seen a panel so reflective! ...

:cool: I apply SG by hand and have had no problems at all. My experience is that it takes some time to cure -- the shine improves with time.

spotter
07-08-2006, 11:14 AM
If you use 2 oz you will be one of the one`s that say SG is a bear to remove. If you keep it under 1 oz and do WOWO it will be a breeze and look great. I have used the Klasse twins for the last three years but have officially converted to Prime Acrylic / Acrylic Jett Trigger. Looks better and is AJT is simple to use ..... although Prime Acrylic is a little trickier than AIO, but not much.