PDA

View Full Version : N00b with questions

Zydrunas
07-07-2006, 07:15 AM
I`ve recently found this site after a guy on my Protege forum made a post that convinced me that my paint was not nearly as good as it could be. After spending lots of money, I am the proud owner of a PC7424, and a whole slew of detailing products. I`ve decided that I like Poorboys, especially the SSR series. I recently did my whole car nd I`m pretty happy with it, but this site has made me manic about getting rid of all swirls. I now have a foam gun, and know how to wash without adding more marring but I have some very light ones that I`m going to work on next weekend.

Now, my question is this: I`m going to use Vanilla Moose to take care of the rest of the light swirls, and I`m unsure on what to use after. I am waiting for some Soft99 Authentic wax to get here, which is why I`m waiting until next weekend. Should I just use the VM, then the Soft99 and be done, or should there be a step before or after the Soft99 (glaze, sealant, etc)?

My plan is this:

Wash with Dawn to get rid of any wax.

Use VM with white or orange pad (depending on results)

*step needed?*

Soft99 Authentic wax

*step needed?)

Thanks for your help.

Zy

imported_Chris223
07-07-2006, 02:35 PM
You don`t need to wash with Dawn. While some people say it`s safe to use once or twice, I would never let the stuff TOUCH my car. Polishes remove everything anyway.

Zydrunas
07-07-2006, 02:41 PM
You don`t need to wash with Dawn. While some people say it`s safe to use once or twice, I would never let the stuff TOUCH my car. Polishes remove everything anyway.

Point well taken. What about adding more steps? Should I get a liquid glaze or something to put on before the final wax? Will that not let the wax nourish the paint? What about some kind of sealant after the wax?

I just want it to look as deep and rich and wet as it can be.

imported_Chris223
07-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Glazes are good, lots of people use em to shine up a car before car shows, they also fill in light scratches/swirls but that covering doesn`t last long. I`ve heard good things about Mothers Sealer/Glaze, if it`s available locally for you, why not? Other wise, meh, I wouldn`t bother. I`d just wash, clay, polish, seal, wax or both. Wax is 99% of the time the final step and sealant should be used BEFORE waxing. Personally, here`s what I do:

Wash

Clay

Wash

Polish (Sonus SFX-3)

Sealant (Poorboys EX-P)

Wax (Liquid Souveran)

Zydrunas
07-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks, Chris!