PDA

View Full Version : Collinite and SG

fordcv03
07-06-2006, 09:35 PM
What is the difference in protection and durability between collinite 476 and a sealer like Klasse SG? How much better protection and durability does a sealer provide?

imported_steveo3002
07-07-2006, 04:35 AM
pretty similar protection id say...differant look though, klasse tend to highlight defects where a wax can hide a little

bjackson8
07-07-2006, 05:53 AM
What is the difference in protection and durability between collinite 476 and a sealer like Klasse SG? How much better protection and durability does a sealer provide?

I have not used SG, but 476S is a very durable product.

TigerMike
07-07-2006, 05:56 AM
Coat for coat, I`d say 1 coat of Collinite is more durable than 1 coat of Klasse. If you prefer beading, Collinite is better.

Accumulator
07-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Multiple layers of KSG last longer for me than multiple layers of 476S. The KSG has been described as a "semi-permanent coating" and in my experience that`s exactly what it is.

If you refresh your LSP frequently or redo the whole job on a regular basis you might not find a big difference. But if you want to apply multiple layers and then just wash for many months, I`d go with the KSG (but only if you can get the finish nice enough for a sealant).

It seems like you can refresh the KSG almost indefinitely with just a gentle (Sonus green) claying as prep, whereas after the Collinite gets to a certain point you really need to reprep "properly" (paint cleaner, polish, etc.) for the best appearance.

Pittssteelers
07-08-2006, 03:49 AM
Multiple layers of KSG last longer for me than multiple layers of 476S. The KSG has been described as a "semi-permanent coating" and in my experience that`s exactly what it is.

If you refresh your LSP frequently or redo the whole job on a regular basis you might not find a big difference. But if you want to apply multiple layers and then just wash for many months, I`d go with the KSG (but only if you can get the finish nice enough for a sealant).

It seems like you can refresh the KSG almost indefinitely with just a gentle (Sonus green) claying as prep, whereas after the Collinite gets to a certain point you really need to reprep "properly" (paint cleaner, polish, etc.) for the best appearance.

Exactly! I wanted to add this...the collinite (in my opinion) seems to be a good `bird dropping` equalizer! I use this on my own vehicles and love it. But it takes more prep! The KSG now, just `looks` better...I can`t explain it any other way!