PDA

View Full Version : Clay lube in bulk

Stuff
07-06-2006, 09:11 PM
I have been looking around and cant seem to find what I want. I would like to by some good clay lube in bulk but not sure where or what type. I have been useing the Sonus clay lube but it is expensive-ish and does not come in bulk. This stuff any good? (http://www.autogeek.net/dp366.html)

Random question. If a clay starts to stick to your hands and it is not old what is going wrong? Too much presure? Not enought lube? Heat? Thanks guys from your help.

imported_Grouse
07-06-2006, 09:27 PM
I don`t know pinnacle clay this last weekend broke down using their own lube in that very manner. I was in a cool garage, and was using plenty of lube. Basically it was sticking to everything from the get go.

I started using it with megs qd and it stopped sticking.

when i tried it with water, and water and soap it became a lump of coal. Totaly un workable.

Stuff
07-07-2006, 10:49 PM
I don`t know pinnacle clay this last weekend broke down using their own lube in that very manner. I was in a cool garage, and was using plenty of lube. Basically it was sticking to everything from the get go.

I started using it with megs qd and it stopped sticking.

when i tried it with water, and water and soap it became a lump of coal. Totaly un workable.

Hum that interesting. I tried water and soap once too and it did not work.

So no one buys clay lube in bulk?

LeadingEdgeDetail
07-07-2006, 11:28 PM
I use Meguiars Final Inspection. Available in gallon jugs for $50cdn!

imported_Grouse
07-08-2006, 12:53 AM
I really like PB`s QD and spray and wash. Both are available in gallon and 5 gallon jugs. I think i will pick some up here soon.

GeorgePaul
07-08-2006, 01:04 AM
Like Stumpy, I use #34 as clay lube. Works fine. Only about $25 US/gal.

If the clay starts to stick, you don`t have enough lube. You should use a light touch with clay -- not a lot of rubbing is required.

finerdetails
07-08-2006, 02:58 AM
I use one of these on my hose:

http://i22.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/6c/37/ef_1_b.JPG

I fill the tank with neat car shampoo and use max strength for the mixture

imported_Grouse
07-08-2006, 06:10 AM
Like Stumpy, I use #34 as clay lube. Works fine. Only about $25 US/gal.

If the clay starts to stick, you don`t have enough lube. You should use a light touch with clay -- not a lot of rubbing is required.

i think you misunderstood me. It is not sticking as in catching and leaving bits of clay on the car. It is sticky, as it covers everything it touchs but the car. It becomes a sticky goey mess in your hands.