PDA

View Full Version : Just got a PC 7336 questions.....

triaxmaster
07-06-2006, 07:31 PM
I just bought a PC7336 and i have seen on other post stating that they came with 5 inch backing plates i got to looking at the label on the backing plate and it says for use with 6 inch paper (sand paper) and the backing plate that is made on the polishing pad that comes with it is only 4 inches but there is no mention in the manual about changing counterweights. So i pulled the sanding plate off and the counterweight says for use with 6 inch pads only.... what will happen if a 4 inch pad is used? will it make a difference because the backing on the polishing pad that came with it is 4 inch

a.k.a. Patrick
07-06-2006, 10:14 PM
My preference is to match the counterweight, with size of backing plate. I usually use 6.5 or larger pads, so i use a 6" BP, and a #6 CW......

If I use a 4" pad, i have a 3.5" BP, and use a #5 CW, as thats all thats available. I have two PC`s to make things easier, instead of having to swap out BP`s and CW`s......

triaxmaster
07-07-2006, 06:16 PM
ok well it came with a #6 counterweight... what would it do if i used the maller pads with the larger counterweight