PDA

View Full Version : All DuraGloss products used...

Pages : [1] 2

AL-53
07-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Today after the rain stopped I decided to work on the truck...

I used all Duragloss products...

Washed with Duragloss shampoo

Polished with #671 SMR..this polish is like AIO..it has some micro abrasive`s ,cleaners and some sealant also..It did a good job of removing the light marring I had..it works for a long time..no dusting or gumming up...it left the paint with a nice finish...glossy and slick...only downside was it was a little effort to remove..not bad..but not as easy as taking the sealants off....

next applied the the #601 bonding agent..this stuff goes on real easy..on lighter colors it may be hard to see it on the paint... it goes on almost clear until hazed..on the red I could just see it going on..

next was the #105 Total Performance Polish...This stuff is a breeze to put on...I used a foam applicator ..I put a drop the size of a quarter to start the hood with...it did the whole hood stuff just spreads easy...and goes on thin...did the whole truck...with probably a half ounce...this stuff just spreads....

While waiting for it to haze over..I did the trim and window rubbers with the #253..Tire and Matt dressing...was told I could use it on plastic trim..so I did...leaves a nice finish...not glossy..but not matte...more of a natural look...more coats would make it glossy...dries nice..no streaks...used a foam wipe to put it on...to bad I can`t do the tires yet..still muddy roads..seems a waste now...

cleaned the rims with the #101 polish cleaner..let haze removed and applied the 105 on after...did a good job cleaning the rims...

The 105 was in direct sun while doing this..so hazed up nice...removed it with 2 MF towels..it comes off easier then any product I have used so far...no effort at all to remove

the final out come was WOW...it did leave a nice finish..darkened my paint some...it was clear and glossy and WET..and slick as snot...wiped down one more time to ensure it was all off...

Did not use AW yet..it looked like rain was coming so I picked up and called it a day....

the products work together and leave a shine to beat...

some pictures..not to good as it was getting overcast ..they do not do the shine justice..way better looking than the pictures

the hood after the buffing 105 off

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i183/Al-53/100_1923.jpg

Front view...

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i183/Al-53/100_1937.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i183/Al-53/100_1936.jpg

tomorrow I will do another 105 coat..then AW

Al

Bigpoppa3346
07-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Holy ****, that truck looks amazing! Especially that first shot, looks like liquid red. I love my Aquawax, very clear and wet, but it looks like I`ve got to try some of their polish line. Let us know how it holds up.

wannafbody
07-06-2006, 05:27 PM
wow-liquid red. That`s definitely an improvement over 111. boutique killer :drool:

AL-53
07-06-2006, 05:38 PM
It never rained out..so I know it will look way better in the morning...I will FC&S when I get home from work and add another coat of 105....going for 3 coats...for the Wet Pool effect...then AW....it`s getting dark out now..and it`s glowing in the driveway...

Total cost for the three paint products..under 25.00.....WOW

Al

Mike-in-WV
07-06-2006, 05:45 PM
AL, That`s beautiful! What more can I say? Duragloss does it again! Mike

mg031
07-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Truck looks great!! I agree....Duragloss is da shizzle !!!

Deviant
07-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Holy crap.... it`s been liquified!

AL-53
07-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Day 3 after doing Duragloss..washed the truck yesterday..applied another coat of 105...really made a difference..much deeper looking and so wet looking...today the truck is super slick...no dust attraction...and I park where over a 100 trucks come in daily...I work at The Postal Bulk mail center..and trucks come and go 24/7 and no dust build up...

Paint seems darker and deeper now...the slickness is incredible...may add last coat today after the heat dies down...the 105 seems to get better with age...curing...

the morning dew just blows off the truck and no spotting....paint is silky smooth...and wet

Al

Sarcazmo
07-08-2006, 02:07 PM
I just ordered the bonding agent and #105. I`ve already got the AW. As soon as they come in I`ll be detailing my car in these products.

Your truck looks great!

Envious Eric
07-08-2006, 03:08 PM
any sun shots????

ashsarna
07-08-2006, 03:16 PM
OK!!!

I had the AW and tire dressing (wow, imo better than my PB BnB)

Was interested in 105 and some other LSP like FK and Prime, but with all the great pics, comments and being otc accesible... I called my local carquest and they are ordering the 105, 601 for me (not in stock yet) :hifive: .

AL-53
07-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Today I got the 3rd coat on...that`s it..done...very reflective...deep looking..and very wet looking..and slick like I never felt...the picture with the bottle and microfiber towel kept sliding ..so I dampened the bottom of the towel to keep it there...

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i183/Al-53/DSC00540.jpg

Now I will just maintain it with Aquawax....we are suppose to get another week of rain here...so I will see how it reacts to rain...

Thanks

Al

shortspark
07-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Al, I can tell you how it reacts to rain - GREAT! Nice, tight little beads that are virtually gone as soon as the wind hits them. I have not done the full bang with Duragloss yet but I am tempted. I have their Aquawax, Fast, Clean and Shine QD and the Window dressing. The last time I did a full detail I used AIO topped with Werkstatts Jett. I usually wash with QEW or DP 4 in 1. I did this tonight in fact and tried an experiment. I did one side of my truck as usual, ie, 4 in 1 and wipe dry, then Aquawax used about as I would a QD (wowo). The other side I sprayed Aquawax on the panels while they were still wet. I dried with my Cobra ww. Frankly, I can not tell much of a difference between the two. I think the Aquawax will work both ways equally well although for some reason my preference is to spray it on after I dry not as I dry. It looks good and like I said, I had Aquawax on a week ago when it rained and those little beads litteraly jumped off the hood.

richy
07-09-2006, 08:10 PM
hello all,

i`m a newbie to this board..lots of reading to do. i am currently using menzerna products on my black infininti fx. i am interested in the duragloss. should i try the 111 or the 105? is the aquawax like a qd? their site is sorely lacking in info...i think they would sell more if they gave more info. i used to use zaino. i prefer their z8 grand finale qd to the menzerna hgas..it clouds up for me. does duragloss have a similiar product? thanks, rich

wannafbody
07-10-2006, 01:03 PM
hello all,

i`m a newbie to this board..lots of reading to do. i am currently using menzerna products on my black infininti fx. i am interested in the duragloss. should i try the 111 or the 105? is the aquawax like a qd? their site is sorely lacking in info...i think they would sell more if they gave more info. i used to use zaino. i prefer their z8 grand finale qd to the menzerna hgas..it clouds up for me. does duragloss have a similiar product? thanks, rich

601/105/AW-AW is a spray sealant similar to Z8