PDA

View Full Version : #80 equivalent??

Pages : [1] 2

rsxgamer
07-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Hi guys,

I recently purchased a ton of meg`s products and didn`t get a medium grade cleaner/polish. I have 83 and 9 but want something in the middle. What would be an equivalent? What about Poorboy`s SSR2? (I have 2.5 which I think would be a competitor of 83). Let me know.

74 thing
07-06-2006, 03:46 PM
http://danosdetailing.com/products/

rsxgamer
07-06-2006, 03:51 PM
74, that`s f`n killer..thanks man

imported_smprince1
07-06-2006, 04:04 PM
My experience is the #80 and SSR2 have about the same amount of cut.

However, #80 seems to leave something behind, while SSR2 leaves a squeaky clean surface.

rsxgamer
07-06-2006, 04:06 PM
I am interested in getting to use my poorboys products as i live in south louisiana and the idea of being able to work out in the sun (and see every freakin` defect in my black paint) is a good one to me. i hate doing things twice, although i still like working on my car no matter what.

imported_smprince1
07-06-2006, 04:13 PM
I am interested in getting to use my poorboys products as i live in south louisiana and the idea of being able to work out in the sun (and see every freakin` defect in my black paint) is a good one to me. i hate doing things twice, although i still like working on my car no matter what.

I have used the PB`s SSRs in the direct sun with no problem, on light colored cars and/or on mild temperature days.

However, Black paint + hot summer + Louisiana sun = too dang hot surface temp even for PB`s.

In other words, working in direct sun on black paints has its limits. If the surface gets real hot you won`t be able to work effectively and will still need to work in the shade.

rsxgamer
07-06-2006, 04:25 PM
thanks for the input prince. this louisiana weather has had an effect on many of my meg`s products in their application and removal. in the end it all works out well, but the extra hassle sucks.

EdLancer
07-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Your missing #82, one of the least appreciated polishes since most go with #80. I use #82 on my own car and #80 on other people`s I detail. #82 gives a better optical finish with longer breakdown time of the abrasives while #80 which is more wet due to more finishing oils, glaze and light protectant with shorter work time abrasive in it.

rsxgamer
07-06-2006, 09:59 PM
i do have #9, but i understand that it`s not exactly like #82, though i don`t know the differences other than that (even though they both rank 3), #82 has slightly more cutting ability than #9. who knows?

RogueM3
07-15-2006, 09:52 PM
http://danosdetailing.com/products/

Does anyone have an updated version of this chart which might include Optimum and Clearkote polishes? (maybe just one of them?)

RAG
07-15-2006, 09:54 PM
I don`t like my SSRs, so I won`t be able to help much there. If your looking for something between #9 and #83, I`d go with Optimum Compound - it`s dead smack in the middle of these two whereas #80 and SSR2 is just ever so slightly stronger than #9.

RogueM3
07-15-2006, 09:58 PM
I don`t like my SSRs, so I won`t be able to help much there. If your looking for something between #9 and #83, I`d go with Optimum Compound - it`s dead smack in the middle of these two whereas #80 and SSR2 is just ever so slightly stronger than #9.

Really? OC is less abrasive than DACP (#83)? I would have thought that Op and DACP were about on par with one another, while OC would be more abrasive than both.. :nixweiss

wannafbody
07-15-2006, 10:02 PM
#9 has a lot of oils and is very mild. It does look quite nice tho. Downside is that it might cause problems with some sealants.

RAG
07-15-2006, 10:47 PM
Really? OC is less abrasive than DACP (#83)? I would have thought that Op and DACP were about on par with one another, while OC would be more abrasive than both.. :nixweiss

Oh no. "OP and DACP on par with another" - not even close. Though I don`t exactly love #83, it is pretty strong. OC is only slightly stronger than OP (most people who have extensive experiense with the two wish there was more difference between the two). DACP is noticably stronger than OC. Now OHP (Hyper) is slightly stronger than DACP.

RogueM3
07-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Oh no. "OP and DACP on par with another" - not even close. Though I don`t exactly love #83, it is pretty strong. OC is only slightly stronger than OP (most people who have extensive experiense with the two wish there was more difference between the two). DACP is noticably stronger than OC. Now OHP (Hyper) is slightly stronger than DACP.

Thanks VERY much for the info. Do you have any experience with #84? (I was planning on using that as the most abrasive polish in my lineup for the worst of the worst details. :waxing: ) Im debating whether or not I need #84 in conjunction with my Clearkote Compound Moose...any ideas?

Thanks.