PDA

View Full Version : FTG w/Klasse Twins....

autobahn
07-06-2006, 02:51 PM
Going to be prepping my GF`s A4 Avant for the trip to Waterfest this weekend.

There seems to be only some spiderwebbing, so I`m only going to hit it with FPII.

We want to glaze it for hiding what is left over and for the best shine and hit it with AIO/SG so it will have the maximum durability against ickies on our trip.

Since AIO is a fairly strong chemical cleaner, will it remove FTG? If so, any suggestions on how to use these together, if at all?

If not the Klasse Twins, will 1Z GW work as a good sealant over FTG? I want to avoid using a carnauba because I need something that will hold up to the brutalities of a 3000mi road trip :)

autobahn
07-06-2006, 05:30 PM
also, any tips on applying FTG?

racingbeat
07-06-2006, 05:45 PM
I hate to sound like a broken record player but have you tried FK 425?

or Aqua Wax with 425? This combination is bullet proof. My BoxsterS is parked outdoors all the time and its rained quiet a bit here in New Jersey. My drives into NYC (filthy air in this area) haven`t made a dent in the reflection/slickness and after teh rain it was still 80-90% "clean looking"

I was at a Autocross driving school during the last waterfest, I suggest you wear some wrap around sunglasses or run the risk of pissing off your gf.

LOTS of girls at this event. I don`t think I`ve ever seen a car full of hotchicks in a tricked out car without a guy driving before. Wish Porsche events attracted younger females.

Brian_Brice
07-06-2006, 06:37 PM
well i have gone fp2 425 aio+425 ksg and topped with 845 bahama mama trade secret and many others with great durability, i couldnt really tell you how long due to the fact i pretyt much add something to the lsp every time i look at my car.

autobahn
07-07-2006, 08:37 AM
I hate to sound like a broken record player but have you tried FK 425?

or Aqua Wax with 425? This combination is bullet proof. My BoxsterS is parked outdoors all the time and its rained quiet a bit here in New Jersey. My drives into NYC (filthy air in this area) haven`t made a dent in the reflection/slickness and after teh rain it was still 80-90% "clean looking"

I was at a Autocross driving school during the last waterfest, I suggest you wear some wrap around sunglasses or run the risk of pissing off your gf.

LOTS of girls at this event. I don`t think I`ve ever seen a car full of hotchicks in a tricked out car without a guy driving before. Wish Porsche events attracted younger females.

Right now, I can`t fit any more products in the budget.

I just need to know if FTG will work with AIO/SG considering that AIO is a cleaner.

But yes, there are lots of females at waterfest - I`ve been there twice - but a lot of them are dumb as bricks, a lot of them are just there to look pretty and don`t know jack about VWs or Audis... and don`t get me started on the car models there.....ish :) I`ll take my girl any day - she actually knows cars quite a bit now and she`s not a dummy.. It`s fun to take along someone that will get giddy with you when you spot a twin engine scirocco or a corrado with a matching trailer...

Will you be there this year?

autobahn
07-07-2006, 01:45 PM
ANYONE know about this?

autobahn
07-07-2006, 09:52 PM
seriously, I need to know this before the weekend.... :\

Bioman
07-08-2006, 01:14 AM
AIO will remove FTG.

AIO

FTG

SG

The above should work well.

Accumulator
07-08-2006, 10:37 AM
Sorry if this isn`t what you`re after, but...

I`d just use the carnauba route. Something like #16/Collinite will hold up just fine, my wife travels in her A8, even runs it through touchless washes, and #16 is plenty durable.

I`ve found AIO cleans anything off the paint (including glazes) and the KSG doesn`t bond well to very many things other than AIO. This just doesn`t sound like an application for the Klasse twins.

And I`ll be (pleasantly) surprised if the FP takes out the marring. The clear on my Audis is too hard for that approach. If you have any #80 you might try that with a durable carnauba on top.

autobahn
07-08-2006, 10:43 AM
All I`ve got for carnauba is P21S... which isn`t exactly known for its durability.

Will 1Z GW bond to the glaze?

Accumulator
07-08-2006, 11:12 AM
All I`ve got for carnauba is P21S... which isn`t exactly known for its durability.

Will 1Z GW bond to the glaze?

I dunno, never tried it. I always figured it was so high in solvents that it`ll compromise anything underneath it but I can`t speak from first-hand experience.

I`d call around and try to find some Collinite locally.

autobahn
07-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Collinite will have to wait till another day...

I think what I`m going to do is AIO>FTG>P21S tomorrow, and then when we get out to NJ, do a good wash, and put another layer of P21S on. That should hold us off for the show and the way home. We won`t wash after that, so we should be fine.

autobahn
07-08-2006, 05:57 PM
hey wait a sec...

what about AIO>SG>FTG>P21S?

Accumulator
07-09-2006, 09:25 AM
Would the FTG stick to the KSG? Somehow that just doesn`t sound good to me....