PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - my pitch for a good detailing formula

DigiDan
07-06-2006, 11:42 AM
In the past month I`ve gone from pseudo-car-washer-detailing-wannabe, to detailing-enthusiast-nutball.

I`ve contributed my increased detailing passion to:

1. Seeing and believing what a PC7336 & AIO can do!

2. Using better products (wax, towels, polish, sprays)

3. Having an old fridge in my garage to house a variety of beverages

4. Purchasing a foam gun, then seeing my 4yr old daughter have more fun than me spraying the car down!

While I don`t have access to all the best products, here is my formula I`m pitching for a shiny/slick/clean/ auto:

1. Washing with foam gun/Meguiar`s Gold Class shampo/lambswool mitt

2. Drying with either Viking super plush towel, or the good waffle weave towels

3. Polish with white pads and AIO

4. Buffing with Vroom MF towels (premium ones) from Target, or Viking MF

5. Sealing with Liquid Glass

6. Waxing with either S100 or Mothers Reflections

7. Boosting with Wax-As-U-Dry, or Mothers Reflections Spray Wax

8. Glass cleaning with Invisible Glass & MF

9. Protecting vinyl/rubber with 303

Can anyone comment?

Brian_Brice
07-06-2006, 12:15 PM
well id say youre looking quite similar to what i was doing not that long ago, i would recomend compound or swirl removing polish before aio, i mean if you want to charge max money youve gotta be a corrector as well. i like liquid glass on top of aio, 303`s a must imo. ig works well, but if you want to maximize your income youre going to need more than that.

DigiDan
07-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks SuperShine!

I`m just doing this for my own 2 vehicles right now. I never really thought about detailing for $$$$....but if I do, I`ll definitely heed your advice.

Do you like Liquid Glass? I`ve never used it "correctly" to seal over a good base of polish....always used it like a wax since it was so easy to go on.

Brian_Brice
07-06-2006, 01:00 PM
oh my mistake i thought you had the intentions of making some money, uh yeah i like liquid glass, many will put its durability up against anything on the market, when youve got a good product thats been around for fifty years many try to copy it or improve it in some way. apply it with nice long uniform strokes and let it sit thirty minutes to overnight then buff off, use it the same as you would if your paint wasnt polished youll see a much better final product when polished than not obviously. well ive never used it as a one step so i wouldnt know what to expect, i wouldnt recomend applying it to a vehicle that had a mere wash job. seal up the beautiful paint, thats the key and good luck to ya.