PDA

View Full Version : Best Wax/Sealant For Black Car

Pages : [1] 2 3

Darren F
07-06-2006, 07:50 AM
I just caved in and got my very first Black car. What is the best Wax/Sealant for it? Is there one that will not cause swirl marks or even hide, fill or remove them all in one? I dont have as much time as I used to since I now have a new baby boy so I am looking for something that is quick and easy. In the past I have always used an Orbital buffer to apply and remove wax, polish ect., is it ok to do that on a Black car?

velobard
07-06-2006, 07:57 AM
A new baby AND your first black car at the same time? You really don`t plan on having any spare time, do you? :nervous2: :rolleyes:

Brian_Brice
07-06-2006, 07:59 AM
well first off welcome to autopia, as far as product selection for a black vehicle there are waxes designed supposedly for the intended use on dark vehicles only. hi temps mindnight wax or something like that is one of them but why dont you take a tour around this wonderful site and take a look at as many black vehicles you can most will have product choices listed and exact steps taken. the skies the limit to making black look good, as far as a glaze that removes/hides/coversup swirls marks and other minor marring take your pick. megs #7 clearkotes red moose glaze xmt line are just a few off the top of my head you might be interested in.

Brian_Brice
07-06-2006, 08:03 AM
yeah its ok to use your orbital on your black car, just make sure the pad/bonnets you use are clean, always polish before wax, the real question is what shape is the paint in now? if youre looking for a good one step there are plenty to choose from im partial to klasse all in one. follow that with klasse sealant glaze and your as close to indestructable as products get.not very easy to use so i guess thats out of the question, but keep in mind there arent many one steps that are going to produce what youre looking for as far as removing/hiding swirl marks. show us a pic of your new ride and youll have plenty of suggestions im sure as most pros here are more than willing to give you two pennies.

Darren F
07-06-2006, 08:28 AM
The car is only about a month and a half old. I have put on Meguiars Tech Wax once so far and after the last wash I used some PoorBoys QW + so the paint is still really nice. I also just recently ordered some FK1 425 to use to keep up the car inbetween washes

VroomVroom
07-06-2006, 08:36 AM
I generally apply topcoats by hand, so I`m definitely no help there. I`ve found Poorboys EX & NB to be very a very nice combo with reasonable durability on my black truck. I also like P21S carnuba. Good luck!

finerdetails
07-06-2006, 08:38 AM
wolfgang Hi gloss sealant and Pinnacle Souveran wax, why???

thats why:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid209/p87af7b89d22f82dd1a9c55c5e7f763c7/ee3cdb90.jpg

Darren F
07-06-2006, 08:46 AM
looks good...do you use a machine or do everything by hand? Do you use a QD? if yes, which one?

blackf0rk
07-06-2006, 09:01 AM
I`ve heard Natty`s Blue works very well for dark colored cars.

I have personal experience with Collinite #845 on several black cars, and love it!

Captain McFunk
07-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Clearkotes RMG topped with Natty`s Blue Wax. Heard it was unbeatable, picked some up, and it`s absolutely amazing. the Natty`s Blue is made for black and red cars.

Brian_Brice
07-06-2006, 10:16 AM
i got my rmg coming tommorow and cant wait, interested in trying this 70/30 combod up with fp2

Darren F
07-06-2006, 10:50 AM
Help me out, im new to this stuff...What is Clearkotes RMG? Didnt see it on their website

bimmers1187
07-06-2006, 10:58 AM
We use ProKote products when we want the cars to stand out.. try prokote diamondkote paint sealant and for quick detailing you can use a product called no-water. i got a black escalade and nothing compares to it that i ve used in the past including meguiars and all the other branded products out there

the company is in weston,FL think its in fort lauderdale., but they ship to me in Orlando all time...lol i know i sound like an ad or something, but i just appreciate quality products and am the first to recommend something that worked for me

hope this helps

Brandon

VroomVroom
07-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Red Moose Machine Glaze. Not sure why it isn`t listed in the main product section of their site, but can be found in their online store page.

I am in love with this stuff. Here`s a shot of my pickup following SSR 2.5 > FPII > RMG > EX > NB.

http://www.lownote.org/sierra/detail/0000ea04.jpg

Darren F
07-06-2006, 02:53 PM
Any comments about Mequiar`s Tech Wax?