PDA

View Full Version : megs silicon free dressing

Brian_Brice
07-05-2006, 03:53 PM
is this hyper dressing? couldnt find hd so i figured they might have renamed it, anyhow at 38dollars a gallon im giving it a whirl.

mblgjr
07-05-2006, 04:01 PM
No, it is not the same as Hyper dressing.

Go to www.autodetailingsolutions.com they have ALL the Meg`s lines at wholesale prices.

Brian_Brice
07-05-2006, 04:09 PM
is the silicon free intended on exterior trim/plastic only? if so i dont think i need a replacement for my ext dress. i was hoping itd tackle tires as well but if not im not interested in it.

mblgjr
07-05-2006, 04:13 PM
You should be able to use it as a general purpose, ready to use dressing.

Hyper is a bit more flexible since you can dilute it to achieve the shine to your liking.

http://www.meguiars.com/?detailer-dressings/Silicone-Free-Dressing

http://www.meguiars.com/?detailer-dressings/Hyper-Dressing

Joshua312
07-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Try All Season Dressing

Can be applied on tires and trim

Run a serach I know Sean (G35stilez and ebcivics use it often)

gbackus
07-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Silicone Free dressing is NOT intended for interior usage.

Brian_Brice
07-05-2006, 05:34 PM
so hows it look on tires gback?

gbackus
07-05-2006, 05:37 PM
so hows it look on tires gback?

No idea. i`ve been told that it`s really good for engines/wheel wells though because it dries to a hard finish.

Brian_Brice
07-05-2006, 05:44 PM
well thats what ill use it as then sees how i dont want to go through the hassle of changing my order, im just not happy with most the tire dressings out there and trying to find a good by the gallon solution thats not gonna cost me a fifty

BigAl3
07-05-2006, 06:06 PM
directly from website...

Meguiar`s Silicone-Free Dressing is the choice for professionals looking for a high performance dressing which can be used in any silicone sensitive environment. Its VOC compliant formula produces an incredibly deep, rich high gloss shine on all exterior rubber and plastic surfaces.

bucket of suds
07-06-2006, 02:43 PM
then when it drys,it evaporates to nothing,leaving a dull looking tire.

autobahn
07-06-2006, 02:44 PM
silicon free?

I`d imagine you`d want to avoid anything with silicon in it, that might be abrasive or something.....

rsxgamer
07-06-2006, 04:35 PM
The silicone-free dressing was created for body shops that also did some detailing work (imagine you spending 3g+ on a paint job that looks awesome but your car has brown tires). I used all-season on exterior surfaces (after 2 weeks, it seems to be holding up) and hyper dressing on the interior. I also bought poorboys trim restorer/dressing as it claims to make wax on trip go away plus shine it. I will compare the two when i get time.

I have been satisfied with both hyper and all-season. There is really no reason to get silicone-free dressing unless you work in a body shop environment as it was created to cater to this market. Most dressings contain silicone (petroleum distiallates) so don`t let that be a concern. In fact, I`m sure this is where the durability of a tire/interior shine comes from, though I am not a chemist.

autobahn
07-06-2006, 05:17 PM
so wait - why again can body shops not use silicone?

the other pc
07-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Silicone on a surface will prevent paint from sticking and flowing out properly. It’s a bad idea to even bring anything with silicones into a paint shop. It’s a very, very bad idea to be spraying anything with silicone around a paint shop.

PC.