PDA

View Full Version : Just a heads up on the Wally MF...

AuAltima3.5
07-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Definately don`t buy the eight pack of white ones. They were just a few bucks, 8 or 9.

I did a 6"x6" test spot and got marring out the a. I am sure you guys don`t go stocking up on the wally MF for paint, but for anyone curious... like I was.

End heads up.

Pats300zx
07-05-2006, 03:44 PM
I would stick to quality MF for your paint. Sonus, Pakshak, or Excel Detail are the choice for me. The Walmart MF`s that I have are used for wheels, grunge engine work, etc.

No way would I use them on paint.

mblgjr
07-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah, that figures considering that you can see between the rows of weave.

I almost bought some of the multicolored packs, but now I`m glad I decided against it.

Thanks for the heads up.

xTravBx
07-05-2006, 04:57 PM
why waste the money on mf`s for engine work, when you can just use plain old shop towels? I think you can get a 50 pack at costco for like 10 bucks, and then they`re just disposable, basically.

Make for cleaning up greasy or filthy motor parts a breeze. Just a thought, really.

wannafbody
07-05-2006, 05:05 PM
even the cheap Target MFs aren`t really good. I thought the ones at Costco were thicker and more plush. The thick grey ones at Target are nice tho.

DigiDan
07-05-2006, 09:28 PM
There are some good MF`s at Target. I bought a 12-pack of the orange towels, PREMIUM ones last week for 9.99...they are thicker than the others. Used them tonight to do a quick wipe down with some Wax-as-U-Dry-and-buff-it....and they worked really well....I`ll go back and get more.

Tags come off easily too, like they`re perforated at the right spot.

The large Viking MF towel, labeled for "drying", but so plush I bought 2 for polishing, works great too!

Just my $0.02......

AuAltima3.5
07-08-2006, 08:14 PM
why waste the money on mf`s for engine work, when you can just use plain old shop towels? I think you can get a 50 pack at costco for like 10 bucks, and then they`re just disposable, basically.

Make for cleaning up greasy or filthy motor parts a breeze. Just a thought, really.

I`d hate to be the hippy on this thread...

but why pay for shop towels? they lint on most plastics, and you have to buy more.

I`d rather wash and save the $. It keeps the landfills cleaner too. peace.

mikebai1990
07-09-2006, 06:20 AM
So out of Target, Walmart, and Costco, would you guys say that Costco has the best MF towels for the value?

Mike-in-WV
07-09-2006, 06:39 AM
Go to your local Good Will store and buy the cotton sheets. They cost about $1.00 and make beautiful shop rags. Just cut and rip to size and store in a bin or drawer. My wife stops in one for me and checks on the sheets all the time. They still make the warm and real cotton sheets for winter. One day she came home with 5 cotton sheets! You can also wash these rags and use again with no problems. Mike

Wasatch
07-09-2006, 08:33 AM
WalMart MFs are good for glass, interior, tires, wheels, doorjambs.