PDA

View Full Version : New Car...which products to provide a nice protection?

Captain McFunk
07-05-2006, 12:16 PM
Hey guys. I just recently purchased a 2006 300C in brilliant black and I was just wondering which of the following products I could use to form a protection, seeing as how there`s only 1,000 miles on the car and there are no swirls or scratches or anything whatsoever. (I`m very meticulous with my cars, as I detail cars also) I have the following products:

IP

FPII

Klasse AIO

RMG

Natty`s Blue

S100

Just wondering if any of these will leave a good finish and a nice layer of protection for the factory paint. Thanks alot guys!

drck1000
07-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Looks like a pretty good line-up of products to me.

I see that you don`t have any sealants listed in your arsenal, just carnaubas. Assuming that you haven`t sworn off sealants, I would add that you might try putting down an acrylic sealant as a base for the carnaubas for durability (not really counting AIO as the acrylic base).

Captain McFunk
07-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Looks like a pretty good line-up of products to me.

I see that you don`t have any sealants listed in your arsenal, just carnaubas. Assuming that you haven`t sworn off sealants, I would add that you might try putting down an acrylic sealant as a base for the carnaubas for durability (not really counting AIO as the acrylic base).

hmm. I thought All-In-One was a sealant? I`m probably mistaken though, i`m not the greatest process-builder in the world.

drck1000
07-05-2006, 01:19 PM
hmm. I thought All-In-One was a sealant? I`m probably mistaken though, i`m not the greatest process-builder in the world.

Yes, AIO is a chemical cleaner/polish and acrylic sealant. However, while I`ve always followed-up with a pure sealant, others here have noted that the protection that AIO leaves is minimal at best. While I understand that AIO has an acrylic sealant in it, I use it primarily as a paint cleanser because I follow-up with a sealant like UPP, EXP, etc. Was just thinking that a pure sealant would provide you with a more durable base for your carnaubas.

Captain McFunk
07-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Yes, AIO is a chemical cleaner/polish and acrylic sealant. However, while I`ve always followed-up with a pure sealant, others here have noted that the protection that AIO leaves is minimal at best. While I understand that AIO has an acrylic sealant in it, I use it primarily as a paint cleanser because I follow-up with a sealant like UPP, EXP, etc. Was just thinking that a pure sealant would provide you with a more durable base for your carnaubas.

Alright, thanks for the info! Learn something new every day!