PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Noobie - Synwax or Reflections?

DigiDan
07-05-2006, 06:31 AM
I`ve never tried Mothers products, and the reviews of Synwax and Reflections sound really great.

Can anyone comment on how Synwax and Reflections differ?

I`ve got a dark green metallic Honda, just for reference, and a good base of AIO.

I`m looking for:

- Optimum shine

- Good durability

- Ease of use

- (All of the above, like everyone else!)

I plan on keeping the wax layer boosted with a spray, preferring Aqua Wax if I can ever find it!

Thanks!

:wavey

imported_newwaxer
07-05-2006, 07:15 AM
generally people prefer Reflections for dark colored or metallic paint. You qualify for both. Also generally people prefer Synwax on light colored cars. Both are very easy to use and quite durable.

Synwax Spraywax is very good and can go over either reflections or synwax if you can`t find another spraywax. Easy to use too.

You might want to checkout mother`s " waxforums . com ". Low traffic but very helpful explaining their products.

MinnS4
07-05-2006, 08:27 AM
I have used Synwax, Synwax Spraywax, and Reflections Spraywax on my silver Audi.

My observations:

-Synwax is very easy to use (and does contain mild cleaners). I had two layers maintained with a couple layers of Synwax Spraywax last all through a Minnesota winter (with a few touchless washes) and stay shiny and slick. Synwax is very slick. In my experience (admittedly limited), I have never touched a finish so slippery (even after weeks have passes).

T-he Synwax look is clear, very shiny. So shiny, the flakes mute a bit because the car looks like it is generating its own light.

-Synwax Spraywax is super easy. Takes about 5 minutes and can be used after every wash. WOWO. It does refresh the Synwax look and feel. Great product.

-Reflections Spraywax is not as easy to use, it instructs to let dry then buff. I used it this spring (couldn`t find Topcoat or straight Reflections) over Synwax and it looks different than Synwax, a bit "warmer, deeper", but still shiny. It looks "wetter" to me and the flake pops better than with Synwax. It is also very slick, the surface feels like butter. I plan to use it after a few washes in a row to see if additional layers change the appearance.

I am very pleased with these lines. I really cannot imagine a material visual difference with another product (although am still looking/trying).

afroman
07-05-2006, 12:06 PM
i`ve used reflections, and it really is great stuff. It was very easy to apply/take off, provided a nice wet look, was very slick, and as for durability; I put some on 2 months ago and water still beads off it like it did the first week.

I highly recommend it. :xyxthumbs

DigiDan
07-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Sweet.....I`m there.....Reflections is on order.

I also ordered some AquaWax from the Duragloss site. I`m encountering frustrations of only being able to purchase the basic products from local retailers. Not that there`s anything wrong with some of these products, but one can only take SO much cleaner wax!!!

Thanks Guys!