PDA

View Full Version : Applying Sourveran by hand

DM101
07-05-2006, 05:44 AM
Well some of the Zymol waxes you apply by hand. So I gave Sourveran a shot by hand. Worked out real well Easy to apply. A neat feeling. I probably used more wax this wax but so what. No pics sorry. Try it some time. Place in palm of your hand and it just melts. Use finger tips to reach tight spaces. I`m nut`s......

finerdetails
07-05-2006, 09:48 AM
you are indeed, and we wont be doing that at UK prices of souveran! lol

Accumulator
07-05-2006, 09:51 AM
I tried it and didn`t care for it, guess it`s a personal preference thing...

DM101
07-05-2006, 10:03 AM
It is just the feel of seeing a nice layer of wax being applied to the car. And you know you have missed any places or got wax where you did not want it. It was just fun. I`ll go back to my DA.

afroman
07-05-2006, 12:01 PM
when you said by hand, I thought you meant with an applicator, but actually with your hands? haha, well, I don`t think i`ll be trying that myself anyways.

superstring
07-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Place in palm of your hand and it just melts. ........ I`m nut`s......

I used to use Zymol, so I know of what you speak. But doesn`t it make you wonder just how durable the so-called "carnuaba wax" in these products is when it melts in your hand? (Pure carnuaba melts at 180 degrees F). Think about a hot day and a dark coloured car.

As far as you being nuts, well yeah, but aren`t we all?? :grinno:

Scottwax
07-05-2006, 07:59 PM
I used to use Zymol, so I know of what you speak. But doesn`t it make you wonder just how durable the so-called "carnuaba wax" in these products is when it melts in your hand? (Pure carnuaba melts at 180 degrees F). Think about a hot day and a dark coloured car.

Once the wax is applied and cured, it isn`t going anywhere for a while. I get decent beading for around 3 months with Souveran down here in Texas on black cars. Look drops off after about 5-6 weeks though.