PDA

View Full Version : What is the best "single or quick application" detail product?

RLiu818
07-04-2006, 11:02 AM
I am looking for a single application detail product that is quick. I am too busy and lazy to use stuff like Zaino that require multiple applications and takes up alot of time.

I have heard of a product called Wet Paint Glaze that seems to get good reviews from other sites. This is a simple spray on, wipe off product that seems to work great.

What are your recommendations on a good product that is quick and easy to use that makes the car look nice and shiny and protect the paint as well.

Thanks

shortspark
07-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Since you seem not to want to wax or put sealant on your car you`re best bet is something like Duragloss Aquawax. Use it after every wash either as you dry or after drying (like a QD). Keep using it this way and it will protect your paint fairly well from now on. But really, it is not too much effort to once a year at least use something like AIO topped with Jett or Klasse SG. Then, use the Duragloss after you wash. You really should have a good base such as SG as Aquawax is almost, but not quite, a last step product.

Wasatch
07-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Here`s a few for ya: FK1 216, Werkstatt Prime Arcylic, Menzerna Arcylic Jacket, Tropi-Care TC-3.

LynchMOB
07-04-2006, 04:05 PM
I would have to say Duragloss Aquawax, FK has some great products that go on quick but I think durability might be better with Aqua Wax.

victory
07-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Duragloss aquawax, but as stated before, you should really put something down, even if rarely. IMO, seems the best bet is sticking with duragloss products. prep the paint (wash and clay), use DG PBA followed by 105 (don`t even whipe off the PBA before using the 105). Just set aside a few hours on a weekend. Now the hard part is over for about a year. Just aquawax every couple weeks after a mild washing with a good shampoo (like DG CWC)

There you go, and it can all be picked up from one place

RCBuddha
07-05-2006, 08:35 PM
I`d have to give a nod to Meguiar`s #66. Work it in, let it haze, buff off.

bjackson8
07-06-2006, 06:30 AM
If I could choose only one product to use on a car, and ease of use was essential I would choose Megs ColorX.

Very easy to use, 3 to 4 weeks of durability, and looks very good. IMO it is the best OTC "cleaner wax" product on the market today.

TigerMike
07-06-2006, 06:38 AM
Aquawax is the best spray and wipe I`ve found, bar none. I`ve gone 1.5 months on just AW so far, without even washing, including a 1,400+ mile road trip. It rained yesterday and the beads are still very tight, and the rain water just flew off the car like it was just applied. Extremely impressive spray/wipe product. Even more impressive...it`s cheap!

I`ve tried other caranuba and sealants that are dead after 1.5 months, so I find the AW very good, considering it`s still going.

:)

Mike-in-WV
07-06-2006, 08:24 AM
I`m with the Duragloss AW crowd. Use a good cleaner or bonding agent, then 105 and then keep it looking sharp with easy on/easy off AW. Do your trim and all with AW. Great stuff that REALLY works! Mike

racingbeat
07-06-2006, 08:25 AM
if you only have five minutes (from my experience):

Aquawax topped with FK 425

this combination will give maintain a 10/10`s look and slickness

longer than any product combination I have ever used.

FK 146 after a wash to make the prep the paint for the Aquawax and 425.

The results with these three in 8 effortless minutes are as good as anything

I have tried with the boutique brands. No difference and my back doesn`t hurt.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/789000-789999/789415_73_full.jpg

SilverLexus
07-06-2006, 08:26 AM
I`d go with Zaino Z-8. Amazing stuff.

Joshua312
07-06-2006, 08:34 AM
[quote name=`racingbeat`]if you only have five minutes (from my experience):

Wouldn`t this be the other way around?

425 topped with Aquawax?

Zaino Z8 for me as well...Absolutely love it! The price is worth it, you use so little of it per application on a vehicle, amazing slickness,smell, clarity

racingbeat
07-06-2006, 09:04 AM
[quote name=`racingbeat`]if you only have five minutes (from my experience):

Wouldn`t this be the other way around?

425 topped with Aquawax?

Zaino Z8 for me as well...Absolutely love it! The price is worth it, you use so little of it per application on a vehicle, amazing slickness,smell, clarity

no way,

since using 425 my paint finish has been 10/10`s every day between washes.

ZERO degradation of slickness and shine of whatever is under the 425.

Leaving Aqua Wax bare has left me with mixed results possibly due to incompatibility

with other products. 425 has yet to meet a product it can`t unite. It should run for President.

ABS
07-06-2006, 09:19 AM
I`ll recommend Optimum Car Wax.

Polymer Sealant, UV prohibitant and Carnauba Wax = Protection, Durability and wet look! :bigups :bigups :bigups

docker
07-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Shine in a spray can, for the lazy man...

Anyone try this?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b110/JeffW28/Products/classic-motoring_1904_38183766.jpg