PDA

View Full Version : Ex-p+

John Styrnol
03-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Can it be left on for an hour or so before removing like EX?

Poorboy
03-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Can it be left on for an hour or so before removing like EX?

You can leave it on indefinitely and it will still wipe off very easy, as log as it doesn`t get wet. i don`t recommend more than a few hours as dust will accumilate and then you would be wiping dust around with the EX-P..:hippi

JaredPointer
03-18-2005, 09:48 AM
Don`t mean to hijack the thread, but this is just a quick comment on EX-P+. I recieved my order (THANK YOU STEVE!!!!!) and was noticing that it is relatively thick for a sealant. I kinda like the look of it. Will this thicker consistency help to avoid overuse of the product or did it just happen to be the way it came out when making it?

Scott P
03-18-2005, 10:00 AM
I still have EX-P Classic lying around, so I can`t compare the two. However, EX-P has always been a thick sealant. It takes some getting used too, but it really doesn`t make too much of a difference.

Poorboy
03-18-2005, 10:03 AM
You`re welcome Jared...it`s actually much thinner than the original EX-P ...the original you would shake and hear nothing..you can now hear it when shaking.:)

ps if applied by pc it spreads very easily and thin...

JaredPointer
03-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Okay, thanks Scott and Poorboy. I am anxious to get to try it (among all my other new things!!).

John Styrnol
03-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Thank You.

inkedup
04-08-2005, 01:40 AM
Im still learning so bare with me... Before placing my order with Poorboy`s I would like to clear up a few questions I had about EX-P.

Is EX-P supposed to be topped with a wax or can I just polish with SSR1 and then apply 2-3 coats of EX-P and be done with it?

How often do you reccomend I use EX-P and is it neccesary to clay before applying fresh coats of EX-P down the road?

Questions apply to my freshly painted (frost white with a heavy silver pearl) 91 Acura Integra. Car is garage kept and hardly driven, never sees rain or snow.

Boss_429
04-08-2005, 05:05 AM
Is EX-P supposed to be topped with a wax or can I just polish with SSR1 and then apply 2-3 coats of EX-P and be done with it?

How often do you reccomend I use EX-P and is it neccesary to clay before applying fresh coats of EX-P down the road?

Questions apply to my freshly painted (frost white with a heavy silver pearl) 91 Acura Integra. Car is garage kept and hardly driven, never sees rain or snow.
No, you don`t have to top EX-P with a wax, nor do you need to. EX-P provides plenty of protection on it`s own. A lot of people like to top it with Natty`s carnauba wax... just to get a touch of the carnauba look.

You can use EX-P as often as you want....... it is non-abrasive.

The claying depends on the condition of the paint. If it feels rough to the touch, a claying is a good idea... no matter what LSP you are using. If the paint is clean, and feels smooth........ just apply EX-P! :bigups

Hope this helps.

Poorboy
04-08-2005, 07:03 AM

This will depend on your personal preference on looks...

use it as often as you like...this is a site for enthusaists;) :lol

How fresh is this paint...I would wait at least 30 days before applying a sealant, but check with the painter of the vehicle first....:hippi

inkedup
04-08-2005, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the quick responses :)

Couple more questions...

What exactly is the difference between a sealant and a wax?

Is a sealant supposed to last longer or provide better protection?

thanks again for all of your help

JaredPointer
04-08-2005, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the quick responses :)

Couple more questions...

What exactly is the difference between a sealant and a wax?
In a nutshell, waxes are usually a natural deal, whereas sealants are usually manmade.

Is a sealant supposed to last longer or provide better protection?

thanks again for all of your help
Typically yes. Sealants will last longer but some people say they have a "sterile" look, where waxes will have more of a warm glow. This is not always the case.

inkedup
04-08-2005, 09:12 AM
thanks again

I just placed my order. Im looking forward to applying the EX-P and I cant wait to try out the S&W :cool