PDA

View Full Version : HGSG + Souveran topper

imported_buffer
07-02-2006, 06:21 PM
After doing some reading on and off this board I am tempted to just keep applying layers of HGSG after washes throughout the year. I`m wondering if I would achieve better results doing this than topping with Souveran? Or would it be just as good to apply another layer of Souveran every two weeks or so?

Any suggestions/ thoughts/ comments?

:confused:

autobahn
07-04-2006, 10:14 AM
souveran would provide a nice look, but I think layering SG provides extra protection, which imo is much more important than the best possible look, except if you`re showing your car.

plus, SG looks great as it is, not the best, but still great.

Scottwax
07-04-2006, 10:33 AM
What do you want during the warmer months when cleaning your car is relatively easy? Maximum looks or maximum durability?

imported_buffer
07-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Its a tough toss right now. The reason that I would stick to SG alone is that I could continue to layer at my convenience through the seaon and then store it as I usually do. Next year when I take my car out I can start again with the layering. For the minimal effort the I get piece of mind for protection and beauty.

If I decide to put Souveran on top of SG then I would layer Souveran over the summer. Next year when I take out the car I would have to start the process over with AIO, SG then Souveran which I guess isn`t that bad.

Is what I`m saying in the first part correct about layer SG this year and then just continuing next year with more layers? Do people usually start from AIO every year?

Thanks

imported_buffer
07-06-2006, 08:35 AM
Can anyone tell me if the above is correct?

:think2