PDA

View Full Version : So how many of us are lucky enough...

Florida-LS
07-02-2006, 03:49 PM
So how many of us are lucky enough to have a garage to park in at home and a garage to park in at work?

Well not me. :)

My condo has no garage, my workplace doesn`t and neither does my wife`s work place. Our vehicles are outside basically 24/7. It can be a real job keeping them clean.

I hope to one day be at a point in my career where I can accept or decline a job offer based on if the company has covered parking. :spot I am not there yet though!

a.k.a. Patrick
07-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Im also a condo dweller! No garage, well its 3 sided and shared with 3 other cars......So the cleanest gets priority parking.

natebood
07-02-2006, 08:50 PM
No garage here, heck not even a paved driveway to work on. Anytime I want to do any "real" detailing I have to move some cars and pull it into the back yard, just to have some shade! When I get to the point where we start looking at a house, a garage is the only priority for me (not really, but what I look forward to the most).

KiaDude
07-02-2006, 09:04 PM
Well, I`m an apartment dweller but fortunate enough to have a decent garage to park (and detail) in. Here`s a quick shot of "my side" of the garage--two tenants share one garage, each side with decent parking / working room and then the common area behind the cars moving back towards a single-car overhead door. (The door next to the car is a separate locked storage area).

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j127/kiadude/DCP_1051.jpg

The down side is that I`m the "Fallout King" at work--outside, under the flight path for Charlotte-Douglas International, near major rail lines, and nestled in-between two interstates and a major US highway! :grrr

Hey, at least I do have the garage to come back to at home--and a wash area down by one of the apartment buildings!

Dr. Peters
07-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Apartment dweller here but my garage is $90 a month extra. Yikes. However, at work, no garage.

spotpad
07-04-2006, 08:42 PM
I`m one of `em. Car is garaged at home and at work. :2thumbs:

Hemi57
07-04-2006, 10:10 PM
I`m one of them too. I have a double garage which is long enough for the cars with my HD is parked at right angles to the shorter car, space for workbench and walkway. It is squeezy widthwise though.

At work I park in a multistory parking complex which is open to Public parking. there are no allocated spots and I alway seek out a spot which is super wide or has no other spot alongside to avoid the potential for door dings.

TEGBOY
07-04-2006, 10:18 PM
I have a 7 bay garage/workshop at home, with hoist and every tool and air tool known to man it seems.

Basically if you can`t find the tool your looking for in my Dad`s shedding, it doesn`t exist :)

Hemi57
07-04-2006, 11:05 PM
I have a 7 bay garage/workshop at home, with hoist and every tool and air tool known to man it seems.

Basically if you can`t find the tool your looking for in my Dad`s shedding, it doesn`t exist :)

I would give my left one for a set-up like that :o

TEGBOY
07-05-2006, 12:40 AM
I would give my left one for a set-up like that :o

Its a pretty cool setup, it cost my parent $80K on top of our house to build, once it was concreted, and had air-lines ran everywhere.

raddy21
07-05-2006, 05:29 PM
I unfortunately am without a garage also. I have a townhouse with two spaces out front that I must fight my neighbors for. Its horrible, and I look in disgust at those who have garages yet use them to only store things in while their car is outside, its a shame.

LightngSVT
07-07-2006, 06:24 AM
I built an attached 1135 sq ft garage on my new house, but park outside at work.

audicoupej
07-07-2006, 06:43 AM
I have been in NoVA for just about 6 weeks now and have been on a waiting list for a garage at my apartment since March when I signed my lease. They called the other day and I get it July 20th :bounce , but at the low low price of $130 a month for a single garage, not a shared($85/month). I have a parking garage at work and no one parks in the lower level so I always get a huge end spot! Also, when I go to my buddy`s apartment he has a parking garage so the only time my car is not covered is at stores or while driving! Now I can finally detail my car when I get the garage! It hasn`t been detailed since late September and I was living in Buffalo!

Edit: I forgot to add Wegmans and Ikea(the two places I go to the most) both have parking garages as well! :heelclick

topnotchtouch
07-07-2006, 06:57 AM
I have been fortunate enough to have always had a garage to park in at home. I don`t currently have a parking garage where I work now but, was lucky enough at my last job at the University of Central Florida to have a parking garage to parrk in. I think currently they have 5 parking garages if they haven`t built more since I left. I do believe the president`s goal was to have 50,000 students by the year 2010 and if I am not mistaken they are at around 40,000 now. The campus isn`t as big as you would imagine so the only way to increase parking was to go vertical.

velobard
07-07-2006, 07:41 AM
I moved a few months ago and lost my garage in the process. :sadwavey:

Where I live now there a small gravel driveway off the alley in the back, but it`s under a tree that drops a fine mist of sap on anything parked there. My wife parks out beater car back there (she`s stuck with it for now since she wrecked her car a few months ago, hydroplaned, not her fault), but I`m left parking on the street out front. We`ve talked about possibly buying the place in a couple years. If we do, a garage addition is one of the first things on the agenda. Thankfully, I do get to use a parking garage at work, at least through the end of the year.

I`ve only had one neighbor comment on me detailing my car so frequently in the street so far. They`ve been shocked this week that my car is actually dirty after 20 miles of dirt road on the 4th to attend a family reunion. My son`s leaving Saturday to visit his mom for the month, so I`ve had other priorities this week, I can wash it again after he`s gone. Some things actually are more important than a clean car. I`m expecting a shipment today with the new Swirlbuster pad and polish, plus a 4" setup too, plus a sample of Natty`s Blue I got in trade, so after he`s gone I`ll have plenty to keep me busy. :bigups