PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for red paint...

z28quetzal
07-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Hi,

This is an awesome site, however I need some help please. I have a very bright red car (painted about 6 months ago), base/clear. I did the body work on it, shot the base - my friend that owns a body shop shot the clear. I`ve also spent a ton of time wet sanding and finally polishing with 3M products: polishing compound on a wool bonnet, followed by machine glaze and swirl remover using the 3M recommended pads.

My question is this: what would be a recommended was to followup with? I do not need clay or any polishing compounds (I think) since the paint is very new. Please, folks, what would you recommend? I was going to use some Griot`s wax, but after reading there seems to be better options.

I own a Porter Cable random polisher BTW. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. One last request: please, no abbreviations! I have read so many posts where abbreviations are used and for newbies like me they are useless.

Thanks!

joe

finerdetails
07-02-2006, 01:50 AM
I recently posted results of a red done using wolfgang and pinnacle kit, have a ganders at that, I included all techniques used in the detail too

regards

Iain

finerdetails
07-02-2006, 01:59 AM
here`s the post:

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73525

hope its useful

autoprincess
07-02-2006, 06:07 AM
If you are happy with the paint as far as swirls and the shine then you should be pretty much good. One good coat of paint sealant, then keep a good coat of carnuba paste wax on it 3 or so weeks later. I would then apply the carnuba wax once a month for 3 months.