PDA

View Full Version : Veteran choices for booster wax?

DigiDan
06-30-2006, 11:42 AM
Since I haven`t been able to find the AW yet, I snagged a bottle of the Eagle One Wax-as-u-dry at Walmart - $3.79!!!!!

Gloss is very good...quite shiny, however I`m not seeing really glamorous results like I had hoped. The bottle does say it has "twice the carnuba", so a week in the Midwest summer sun will really test that out.

As far as applying, if you apply it wet you`re getting a towel:

A. Wet

B. Soaked with this wax spray

Results were pretty good.

What`s everyone using for a good booster? Is AquaWax really all that? Does it have carnuba, or is it more polymer (chemical) based?

Bigpoppa3346
06-30-2006, 12:03 PM
Aquawax is not a carnauba, but a polymer(I think). The EO stuff has "Carnuba", not real carnauba(note the spelling). Aquawax is really, really good stuff. Used it twice for the 1st time yesterday. Initial impressions:

1) Very, Very slick, slicker than most paste waxes.

2) Excellent wet shine, wetness is supurb, reflective and clear, depth is alright.

3) Incredibly easy to use, can be use on wet or dry surface with no streaking

4) Looks better an hour or two after application(after it cures)

Excellent value, I would pick some up.

DigiDan
06-30-2006, 12:07 PM
Wow...thanks BigPoppa.....I`m going on a scavenger hunt this weekend to locate it via retailer. If all else fails I might have to just order it.

Do you see this gloss/slickness/shine lasting a while? I really liked the NXT Spray Wax, however it seemed to dissipate after just a couple days in the heat. I know carnauba`s have a specific lifespan, especially in direct sun.

Bigpoppa3346
06-30-2006, 12:18 PM
I really can`t comment on the longevity of shine or durability, as I just first used it yesterday. Looks great once applied though. Should have a longer lifespan than a Carnauba-based QD, because it is a polymer type product. If you have a Car Quest near you, they should have them there.

scooterguitar
06-30-2006, 01:30 PM
I have Crstayl Mist, QW+, and OCW. OCW is my fav, but its a straight spray wax, for a QD, the PB QW+ I liek betetr than the Crsyatl.

wannafbody
06-30-2006, 01:39 PM
based on my testing on a bare aluminum trailer AW will bead for at least 4 weeks probably longer.