PDA

View Full Version : Just Joined!

BlackPT
06-29-2006, 06:01 PM
Hey All,

I`ve been viewing for a couple of weeks now and have finally decided to join. I have found this site to very informative and decided to take the plunge.

With that, here`s what products I use and/or like to use.......

Duragloss (car wash, swirl remover, FC&S). I have AW, 111, and tire and mat cleaner/dressing yet have not tried.

PPC (Protective Products Corp). Based out of Iowa, I have used these products for 18 years as my father-in-law carried them in his NAPA Store he owned in Iowa. These are very good products and they range from a car wash, glass cleaner, polish, interior cleaner, and tire cleaner.

I`ve used/tried others (Mothers, Meguir`s, etc), however, I prefer the two above.

Currently, I drive a Black PT Cruiser (just got it the first of June). I forgot how hard it was to keep a black car clean!!!! Any and all suggestions are welcome!!! It is a 2002 Limited Edition that my brother-in-law found in Houston. It`s in great condtion - interior is spotless and the engine was detailed. The paint was good not great so I have slowly but surely, working on getting it to where it needs be.

I used to have a 1996 Nissan Quest (got rear-ended causing me to get the PT Cruiser). I kept it so clean that when I told people what year it was when they asked, they told me it looked newer than that.

I am constantly looking for the "perfect shine" both on the paint and the glass which seems fruitless most of the time yet I keep chasing.....

Sorry for rambling on......Thanks for having me on the site.

ZaneO
06-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Welcome :welcome

velobard
06-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Welcome to the madness. Enjoy it. :buffing:

tustah
06-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Welcome, and good luck!

Old Man
06-30-2006, 05:55 AM
Welcome. There are plenty of people here that really know their stuff. I`ve re-learned everything I thought I knew about car detailing. There are so many products now,it`s great to have people sharing their experiences with them. Sure saves alot of time and $$$. And,all the vendors mentioned on the forum I`ve dealt with are terrific. My 2 cents.

3Dog
06-30-2006, 07:10 AM
Welcome and enjoy :welcome