06-29-2006, 03:35 PM
Joing the clue.

winners circle= $50

PoorBoys= $150

Danase= $100

detail city=$130

Sportscarcare:$30

Jeff Werkstatt: $50

This is in the last 30 days.....wife is going to kill me..

Still does not come close to my salt water reef tank..this is easy... :)

Beason
06-29-2006, 03:41 PM
From TOL last week: $69.90

Autogeek this week: $188.00

Nope, it doesn`t end, it only gets worse. :soscared:

I havent placed my order from Zaino yet to try out there stuff. 90bucks shipped.

the other pc
06-29-2006, 03:45 PM
I managed to keep the ADS order I got in yesterday under a hundred bucks. (Of course I forgot a couple things so I`ll need to make another order that much $ooner...)

PC.

Joshua312
06-29-2006, 04:31 PM
Im with you :( I just love buying new things haha - -

TOL:

$50

(I also got the GR-40 Wax Remover...Works great at cleaning trim)

Zaino:

$125

Meguiars:

$55

Fk1:

$20

$40 in OTC purchases

In the past 7 days

imported_Grouse
06-29-2006, 04:38 PM
I don`t ever have a problem spending the $$, it`s all good fun. it`s making it when it`s 35* outside

imported_themightytimmah
06-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I usually drop about 100 a week when I`m "In Season"

Glad I`m not married.

FreeBIZZ
06-29-2006, 04:45 PM
I did a Quicken report on the last 60 days:

Over $1000 mostly from Autogeek, but some from local auto parts stores. Of course I was just getting set up and the total included a PC, pads, foam gun, and creeper stool.

I`m sure I`ll have some product left over come next spring, too. I only do paid details once a week or so on weekends. I`m set with a lot of Poorboys, Klasse, 303, Stoner, Folex, LC PC pads, Eagle One......still need a few more MF towels, and some more of the Duragloss line.

Another 4-5 weeks or so, and I`ll be breaking even. I`m having fun and enjoying a new hobby that brings in some extra spending cash. Plus, my family and friends are happy with the results. I`d have to get a whole lot better/faster/smarter to be able to scratch a living out of this, but maybe it will be something good for additional retirement income a few years from now.

Beason
06-29-2006, 04:50 PM
I did a Quicken report on the last 60 days:

Over $1000 mostly from Autogeek, but some from local auto parts stores. Of course I was just getting set up and the total included a PC, pads, foam gun, and creeper stool.

I`m sure I`ll have some product left over come next spring, too. I only do paid details once a week or so on weekends. I`m set with a lot of Poorboys, Klasse, 303, Stoner, Folex, LC PC pads, Eagle One......still need a few more MF towels, and some more of the Duragloss line.

Another 4-5 weeks or so, and I`ll be breaking even. I`m having fun and enjoying a new hobby that brings in some extra spending cash. Plus, my family and friends are happy with the results. I`d have to get a whole lot better/faster/smarter to be able to scratch a living out of this, but maybe it will be something good for additional retirement income a few years from now.

As soon as your break even its a great feeling. Then it normally takes one detail or two to get another shippment and still have money left over.

Joshua312
06-29-2006, 10:31 PM
I dont think I`ll ever break even :) haha - Add $150 more to my total, just purchased the Vapor Steamer.

BigAl3
06-29-2006, 10:49 PM
just spent $25 on some mf`s at the local detail shop today. it never ends... :o

froll
06-30-2006, 01:42 AM
I`m thinking that we form a group -- "D.A." (Detailer Anonymous) where we all sit around in a group and admit our sinful addicition, after which we all have coffee and donunts. I`m sure my wife would sponsor my membership as she is getting real tired of seeing Brown come to me house 1-2/week.

Joshua312
06-30-2006, 05:50 AM
haha I would be a member of the Detailers Anonymous - My family always jokes when the UPS truck flies by my house that she missed me today because she is sick of carrying my big heavy boxes :)

froll
06-30-2006, 06:26 AM
I`ve also learned to use the open / snatch / shuffle technique. This means - open the box and snatch the packing slip/receipt in one swift movement and shuffle it into my pocket before my wife sees how much I spent. Trust me, once you master the technique life will be much better.