PDA

View Full Version : How Bad Is It To Let Your Paint...

SphyNxXx
06-29-2006, 01:32 PM
air dry after washing it. What I mean by this is....wash your car with soap and water, rinse it off, and let it air dry with normal hose water. I would NEVER do this to my cars, but I know several people who do this and are too lazy to dry it down. Before I came along, my g/f did her car like this and she would often spray it down with water to get mud and dirt from her dirt road off the car....then let it air dry. Ive taught her better now after a good Autopian detail, but her parents are doing this to their new 03 Malubu they picked up....reguardless to how much I say its not good for the car.

MrSelfDestruct
06-29-2006, 01:40 PM
I think if the car is waxed routinely doing it once it a while woun`t really hurt...

I guess it really depends if it`s hot out, then the waterspots are really gonna get backed on the car.

the other pc
06-29-2006, 02:08 PM
Everybody`s "normal hose water" is different. Some people`s water is nasty enough to cause serious crusting and etching with a single wash (mine is). Others will be rather more forgiving depending on the water`s chemical contents.

All municipal water contains at least some stuff you don`t want on your paint. (They want it that way. Water that has too little minerals in it will quickly corrode the piping infrastructure.)

People will believe what they want to believe and care about what they want to care about. If your g/f`s parents don`t care that their new car`s paint rots it`s not in your best interest to argue the point.

PC.

Z K
06-29-2006, 02:30 PM
People will believe what they want to believe and care about what they want to care about. If your g/f`s parents don`t care that their new car`s paint rots it`s not in your best interest to argue the point.

This is so true. People who don`t want to change their habits won`t listen to what you say.

To most people a car is transportation, gets from point A to B. They could care less as long as it gets them there.

SphyNxXx
06-29-2006, 05:21 PM
I dont argue with them, but I have instructed my g/f that it is not good for the paint at all. When I detailed her car, the paint was so damaged it wasn`t funny....to top it off, they never wax their cars because it is "too much work".

toolfanatic
06-30-2006, 11:21 AM
These are people that treat a car like a washing machine or fridge. Do they at least change the oil?

Deviant
06-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Yeah, unfortunately most people could care less about how well their cars paint looks. Either that or they`re really to lazy to do anything positive for the cars apperance. At least you`re g/f knows better though